• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Interesting. Those odds suggest there have been no big bets placed - something which would invariably occur if a decision had been reached. Would love to be wrong but looks to me as if this could drag on for some time yet. :-(
Yep unfortunately it seems that way. I trust that the club are doing everything in their power to make sure they make the right appointment, but as I have said on another thread tomorrow at 5pm will have been 3 weeks since MT told the board he was off. You would think at the latest that someone will be in place come Monday. At least I hope so.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep unfortunately it seems that way. I trust that the club are doing everything in their power to make sure they make the right appointment, but as I have said on another thread tomorrow at 5pm will have been 3 weeks since MT told the board he was off. You would think at the latest that someone will be in place come Monday. At least I hope so.
Maybe saving the budget to put it towards players in the next transfer window ?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe saving the budget to put it towards players in the next transfer window ?
I'd much rather we spent our budget on a good manager than appoint KN and sign a couple of players.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe saving the budget to put it towards players in the next transfer window?
Seems to me that would be putting the cart before the horse. Doesn't much matter who we might / might not sign in the next transfer window if we haven't got a manager capable of integrating them into the team and utilizing their talents.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s not strictly true is it that you will support whoever it is……..
Well I could be severely tested if you or Tiz threw your hat in the ring agreed :) Otherwise, yes I will support any City Manager rather than whine after two defeats that a change is needed.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps not five o’clock maybe six o’clock.⚽

SGF

ecfc_ben

Sounds like we are nabbing another clubs current gaffer by the legal side of things. My guess is now Ardley

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like external appointment with need for "legal procedures" (compensation ?) to go through.
Next week it is then !
UTC

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like we are nabbing another clubs current gaffer by the legal side of things. My guess is now Ardley
That was my immediate conclusion as well. Cant imagine if it was KN or an out of work manager there would be any legal issues to sort? As well as potentially Ardley it could be someone recently sacked and receiving current compensation payments such as Edwards (not that I think it would be him), or someone working in an Academy e.g. Dan Green