• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

ExmouthMart

Very rational analysis Rob. My only point of difference (as I will fully support whoever it is) is that despite me largely thinking that KN could keep us up this season I dont think he has the contacts for the necessary rebuilding of the squad that will be needed next season.
That’s not strictly true is it that you will support whoever it is……..

Simba3011

The odds are back again and Neil Critchley has entered at 25/1 - bit unrealistic in my opinion as he was at Blackpool last year

Artell now favourite at 5/4

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do I have this feeling we’ll get an announcement today around five?

Exehausted

Quite possible but changing managers seems to have become a more involved process in recent years with individuals wanting to bring their own support teams with them and the additional problems that brings.
Quite likely. With our budget it won't be easy. I suppose it depends on how much we want someone and how far we will go to get the right person. Although we got compensation for Matt leaving, it could be that the Board have earmarked the money to spend on the squad in January. All speculation of course and I doubt any of us on here will find out how near or far our guesses are!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The odds are back again and Neil Critchley has entered at 25/1 - bit unrealistic in my opinion as he was at Blackpool last year

Interesting. Those odds suggest there have been no big bets placed - something which would invariably occur if a decision had been reached. Would love to be wrong but looks to me as if this could drag on for some time yet. :-(

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Critchley would be unbelievable but never gonna happen, surely. So random, these odds.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
After all the excitement and speculation we’ll probably end up with Kevin.

Critchley would know Inglethorpe from Liverpool days. Well below his pay grade I fear.

chunkymorrinmunter

Critchley would be unbelievable but never gonna happen, surely. So random, these odds.
A stalking horse

StudentGrecian

Devon Live are reporting early next week, what's the difference announcing today on the eve of a match against Fleetwood or on the eve of a match against Derby, or even on the day, same effect on KN and his preps, would also be better earlier bearing in mind their first match could be against the slime.
KN looks a better appointment if we win on Saturday, maybe that’s what they’re hoping for!