• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe he's one of the applicants?
Are you suggesting Agent Andy might be former City goalkeeper Andy Woodman?

Bridgy 81

Are you suggesting Agent Andy might be former City goalkeeper Andy Woodman?
Although he seems to be mentioned quite a lot on here I’m not personally very familiar with Andy Woodman.
I know he played a handful of games for us 25+ years ago but as for a variety of reasons my support of City was mostly remote in the 90s I never saw him.
I’m not sure why he’s being mentioned as a possible candidate to be our new Manager either.
He’s 51 and has only managed two teams i.e. Whitehawk for 18 matches in 2017 and Bromley for the last 18 months.
I do know he was mates with Gareth Southgate when they were youth players at Crystal Palace and they even wrote a book together a few years back about their wildly different experiences in professional football.
Maybe they’ve stayed in touch and Andy hopes if he gets the job he’ll be able to bring his mate in as Assistant Manager if England get bundled out of the World Cup next month!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Andy Woodman was to be one of the candidates it would be in spite of his previous City connections not because of it. It didn't go well.

If Andy Woodman was to be one of the candidates it would be in spite of his previous City connections not because of it. It didn't go well.
Life seems to be going OK since he left City....
Under the Cosh

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amanda Holden was also seen shopping in Princesshay…
She would certainly put a smile on the player’s faces.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
not sure its been mentioned but hoe about john yems?
After his behaviour do you seriously think he is even employable

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like the players will be happy if Kev Nicholson is appointed.

UTC

Grecianpasty

My understanding of these interviews is that it is for managers looking for a job, simply put. Using Woodman as an example, we would need to approach Bromley to speak to him, and presumably pay a compensation packet, which I doubt the club will be willing to do at this stage of the process.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently Woodman’s teams play with a very direct and ‘ugly’ style, so I don’t really see him being the right fit.

I think Nicholson is in with a decent shout, but have a feeling it’ll be someone external. My money is someone who’s currently an assistant or u23 manager up the pyramid.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding of these interviews is that it is for managers looking for a job, simply put. Using Woodman as an example, we would need to approach Bromley to speak to him, and presumably pay a compensation packet, which I doubt the club will be willing to do at this stage of the process.
My understanding is that even if you're employed and under contract you can still apply for other jobs. Why wouldn't you be able to? Employment law doesn't differ for football managers does it?