• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
With interviews finishing this week, possibly today? I wonder when an announcement will be made.

I think Nicholson will get it, unless there's some outstanding external candidate I cant see it going to anyone else.

Boyo

Interesting. We have invited applications, so people under contract elsewhere might apply/express interest depending on their contract/relationship with their existing club.

But of course MT did not apply for the Rotherham job; they asked ECFC if they could approach him. Its an avenue that should not be closed off.
If we approach a club, we have to pay compensation. If we advertise a role and someone contracted elsewhere applied, would we still have to pay compensation? I wonder whether we are attempting to skirt having to pay compo?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we approach a club, we have to pay compensation. If we advertise a role and someone contracted elsewhere applied, would we still have to pay compensation? I wonder whether we are attempting to skirt having to pay compo?
I really hope we appoint the right person regardless of whether there is compo involved, especially when we have just had compo for MT.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Interesting that he's come from Bromley 👀

Grecianpasty

Yes, I believe @SEA Grecian mentioned it in another Fred. May just be coincidence of course...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I believe @SEA Grecian mentioned it in another Fred. May just be coincidence of course...
Matt Taylor was still manager when Max was appointed so it seems unlikely to be a conspiracy. However, if the club are struggling to decide between two candidates the fact that Andy Woodman already has a close working relationship with someone at the club may work in his favour.

DawlishBouy

Kane left Bromley in early September.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Devon Live Kev has confirmed he is interested in the job. However, I'm surprised that no other names seemed to have leaked out from the interviews. Perhaps, the club have Agent Andy locked away somewhere with no internet access.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
According to Devon Live Kev has confirmed he is interested in the job. However, I'm surprised that no other names seemed to have leaked out from the interviews. Perhaps, the club have Agent Andy locked away somewhere with no internet access.
Maybe he's one of the applicants?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
here's the video of Kevin Nicholson's interview today

(interview with Crag of course re Saturday, not the job interview!)