• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Genuinely not understanding the big love for Matt Gill. OK, he's an ex-player, but why else is he being so lauded on here?
I agree. He has a lot of experience with youth and academy coaching but so have many other coaches. It would be a much greater risk than someone who already has managerial experience.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree. He has a lot of experience with youth and academy coaching but so have many other coaches. It would be a much greater risk than someone who already has managerial experience.
Like when we appointed KMT for instance, now that didn't turn out too "shabby" did it ?

Lee Bradbury is a name some folk will remember on here. Good striker in his day. He’s doing reasonably well at Eastleigh. He could bring back Aaron Martin and Tristan Abrahams! Alright, maybe not..

Cowshed Grecian

I don't get all this adulation for Matt Gill either, yep i loved him as a player too....doesn't mean to say he would be a good manager here though, we've moved on in style of play since he left.

Boyo

I don't get all this adulation for Matt Gill either, yep i loved him as a player too....doesn't mean to say he would be a good manager here though, we've moved on in style of play since he left.
The fact that he has coaching experience at Tranmere, Norwich, Ipswich and he's now the assistant manager at Championship Swansea, suggests he doe have something about him. One would imagine that he has also moved on from our style of play from a dozen or so years ago.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact that he has coaching experience at Tranmere, Norwich, Ipswich and he's now the assistant manager at Championship Swansea, suggests he doe have something about him. One would imagine that he has also moved on from our style of play from a dozen or so years ago.
Swansea play great football too.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swansea play great football too.
Could bring Grimes back home with him ?
UTC

Cowshed Grecian

Could bring Grimes back home with him ?
UTC
Grimes would struggle to get in ahead of Archie

tonykellowfan

I know this might be a bit left field but what about Inglethorpe back again?

Number13

I know this might be a bit left field but what about Inglethorpe back again?
Never going to leave his cushy job at Liverpool and we've moved on