• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

scottus86

I like the sound of the Boreham Wood manager. He's young and done well with them and may have a vision and enthusiasm for our club.

It has to be an upcoming manager, I don't fancy one that looks at ECFC as below them or a step down.

Pobbop

Do we want a manager that will maintain us as a stable league one club or do we hope for a manager thatll get us to the championship without putting the club at risk.

I'd love to see us in the championship, is such a manager out there?
The only way we getin the Championship is by developing yoof, Taylor was perfect for that as he knew our yoof players, and when they could be integrated in the first team, wasn't always successful, i.e. Seymour, but he had a good hit rate.

I don't see picking Nicholson as a safety first pick, because he is the perfect man to do the same, he clearly likes King and James, has had them both involved. Look I am not utterly wedded to him, but the new candidate will have to at least have a good working relationship with him and Hill,

Oh and yesterday was just one result but it was our best of the season, by far I would say.

grecianfaniow

I would like to see Nicolson get a few more games to see if he is the right man for the job, going by yesterday and how the players played for him could be an indicator he could be the right man for the job. However if a manager comes in with the correct ethos and is known for some good work before him then I wont moan.

grecianfaniow

Yet, Torquay United failure Nicholson, in?
**** me everyone fails at Torquay! Even their current manager who got Yeovil up to the championship albeit too quickly is failing ffs. Nicolson seems to know what he is doing to a certain degree, as fans it is hard to know if he is doing great off the ptich as well but on the pitch results speaks for themselves?

Agent Andy

Nicholson never had a fair crack at Torquay , and when he was backed he won something like 9 out of 15 to keep them up , signed some decent players that season and some terrific football was played . Deserves a crack at this and almost got the job when Taylor was appointed .

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
He had nearly two years (Sept 2015-Aug 2017) Its not too bad a crack at management, His record there was ok, Not outstanding but decent enough, I guess this was the time when TUFC were going through a bit of a mare. I must admit I'm more interested in his caretaking job here and seeing how that goes.

elginCity

Kevin Betsy is available.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see no reason why we don't fill the job inhouse. Keeps with the Club's ethos and continuity is a big part of that.

Grecian2K

Kevin Betsy is available.
Oi bets ee doesn't get it.

Alistair20000

Over 500 posts on the thread leads me to the conclusion that what the next manager needs to be is:
a) Experienced
b) Previously brilliantly successful
c) Previously part of the club for continuity....
d)....or an outsider who gets the club ethos
e) Not from Plymouth or Torquay
f) Cheap

Should have someone in by Tuesday then.
Is the answer a Unicorn ?