• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Lincoln City v Exeter City real MDT

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
To most people, you come over as petty, vindictive, and obsessed with destroying Christy
I'll just point out one extract from your otherwise "stupid" ignorable post. You've come up with three particularly nasty words to speak on behalf of "MOST PEOPLE"? Speak for yourself like I do; dont bring other members into it that might have a more acceptable view to all concerned than you.

STURTZ

I'm sorry and I don't want to be a snob but watching football on telly doesn't give you the full picture if you get my drift. Pete's view of the game is as a TV viewer, no disrespect but that is a very 2 dimensional appreciation of any game, you only see the flashpoints in the game, short passages of excitement drown longer periods of just going through the more everyday aspects of the game, passing kicking, tackling, shouting that sort of thing. Also you miss the atmosphere and general feeling of the game. From the terrace it's a comfort to know that Christie is well respected by the players and has every confidence of the crowd. There's nothing worse than standing behind a home goalkeeper low on confidence, Jonesy and Rice both lost the supporters on occasions and they knew it, didn't help improve their game though.

PeteUSA

I'm sorry and I don't want to be a snob but watching football on telly doesn't give you the full picture if you get my drift. Pete's view of the game is as a TV viewer, no disrespect but that is a very 2 dimensional appreciation of any game, you only see the flashpoints in the game, short passages of excitement drown longer periods of just going through the more everyday aspects of the game, passing kicking, tackling, shouting that sort of thing. Also you miss the atmosphere and general feeling of the game. From the terrace it's a comfort to know that Christie is well respected by the players and has every confidence of the crowd. There's nothing worse than standing behind a home goalkeeper low on confidence, Jonesy and Rice both lost the supporters on occasions and they knew it, didn't help improve their game though.
Good post STURTZ. I think you could add Krysiak to that.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
And up until last season Pete's blistering attacks on Christy were based on nothing more than goal highlights.

iscalad

And up until last season Pete's blistering attacks on Christy were based on nothing more than goal highlights.
So, are you saying he has better understanding this season?

fred binneys head

Pate is not from the USA, he’s not an ex-referee, he’s not a pensioner. He’s a mid-20s WUM sat in his pants, drinking red bull and scratching himself. Obvs.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Moxey, on this topic you know full well what I'm talking about. You dont miss much.
Even if you were asked for an opinion years ago (which still hasn't been confirmed by anyone at the club that I know of) are you now telling anyone who remotely cares anymore that you are still being contacted after games for your opinion ??

Don't make me laugh .... You may call yourself Pete but i'll put money your last name isn't Shilton aaaaahhhahahahaha.

fred binneys head

FFS, many years ago, Red The Paper on here (who is Christy’s uncle) sent a PM to Pate about Christy. Since then, Pate has bragged to anyone who’ll listen that he is some sort of goalkeeping consultant who has been asked for his opinion.

He’s a WUM, a predictable, boring, but very effective WUM.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
FFS, many years ago, Red The Paper on here (who is Christy’s uncle) sent a PM to Pate about Christy. Since then, Pate has bragged to anyone who’ll listen that he is some sort of goalkeeping consultant who has been asked for his opinion.

He’s a WUM, a predictable, boring, but very effective WUM.
No wonder no one at the club ever heard of him when asked ...... Thankyou FBH I owe you a beer for that little gem.

Pop in the Duke before any home game and your favourite tipple will be waiting on the bar.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Moxey, on this topic you know full well what I'm talking about. You dont miss much.
Nope, no idea what goes on in your mind or why you think you have a vested interest in him. Just for once, how about a straight answer to a straight question: please explain what your ‘vested interest’ is?