• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Lincoln City v Exeter City real MDT

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
(y)

It was more tongue in cheek Mike. I could go on about Bowman for the next X amount of years like Pete with Pym but i'd like to think that once i've made my feelings known about a player then there's no point banging on about it more than needs be. ;)

I'm certainly up for giving Bowman a chance however. He plays for us now and unless he commits some sort of indiscretion ala Janner McCormick, i'll be cheering him on.
Good stuff. I'm very optimistic about our chances of at least making the play-offs, if not the autos. I think we have the squad now..

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You obviously know Bowman's record very well and I agree that he is unlikely to be a regular scorer. As a nuisance factor/if he puts himself about he might be able to contribute by creating space for others, but sooner or later we need to sign a more dynamic striker who can score 15-20 goals per season. I think we have the money to do that.
Maybe I'm being unfair to Donovan Wilson but it seems likely that we did try and sign a more proven striker in the transfer window and that Donovan was our last-minute back-up option. i haven't heard any names mentioned, though, as to who we might have been trying to sign.

PeteUSA

Nobody thinks we need a reliable back-up keeper to Pym? Hamon is OK as an emergency, but is no competition to Pym.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nobody thinks we need a reliable back-up keeper to Pym? Hamon is OK as an emergency, but is no competition to Pym.
The problem will disappear in the summer - you can have new keepers to criticise then

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
How come Lincoln have a stand that is only half the length of the pitch ?

What ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is your hero Billy Turley up to these days ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmuxgghBwo

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Really good point - shame we couldn’t hang on

Red Devon

What ?
Was a impressive structure when it was first built back in the 80s...today it’s a great white elephant and completely out of place with the rest of Sincil Bank....on the plus side at least it left enough room for the Bus Stop Stand to be erected next to it. :)

Legohead

Banned

What ?
So do we Billy :p

PeteUSA

The problem will disappear in the summer - you can have new keepers to criticise then
I dont get a kick out of criticising Pym, particularly as I feel I have an ongoing vested interest in him. If I feel he's made an error I say so; I dont skirt around the issue desperately looking to blame another outfield player when an incident is solely down to him, which I believe that goal was. I believe that many people on here would rather not touch on the error for fear of getting spoken to the way I am. Thats a sad state of affairs. Its okay to go on about Bowman and his lack of football finess, and to virtually crucify Croll, but not Pym? I dont get it.