• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Ian Sideman dossier

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can get a whole jar of coffee and a packet of biscuits for less than 3 quid.

Terryhall

Likes a cup of coffee, but only if it's reasonably priced. £3.00 is too much.
I would not recommend Switzerland as a holiday destination.

Exe on Valdez

Do tell. How many of your body parts to you have to sell to get a decent cup of coffee?

Terryhall

Do tell. How many of your body parts to you have to sell to get a decent cup of coffee?
Depends what you call "decent" - average cup in an average cafe in Zürich would be somewhere around 5 francs. Takeaway coffee from a kiosk or bakery, between 4 and 5 depending where you go. Starbucks is more like 6-8 depending on what size you go for and if you want a plain coffee or a mocha-matcha-latte-cino with double extra shot and caramel flavour added.

Instant coffee is really rare over here - more common to have your own Nespresso style coffee machine (which still works out pretty expensive on the capsules)

That said Switzerland is generally expensive - 9-10 francs for a pint, 3.50 for a 330ml bottle of Coke, etc.

Edit - the most expensive I heard of was a 10 franc Espresso (but then that was at the Dolder Grand hotel, so you would have to expect an insane price for a coffee)

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loved it. The last time we were there we stayed in Grindelwald. I even climbed the north face of the Eiger......................I have to admit though that it was only the first 10ft!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loved it. The last time we were there we stayed in Grindelwald!
How were Clark and Ellen?

Tim Long

Terryhall

Loved it. The last time we were there we stayed in Grindelwald. I even climbed the north face of the Eiger......................I have to admit though that it was only the first 10ft!
Don't get me wrong, GENERALLY it's a phenomenal place for a holiday - just not if you don't like paying £3 for a coffee.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
O Sidey, Sidey ! Wherefore art thou ?
AWOL from book club :mad:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Nobody talks about Book Club ...