• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Ian Sideman dossier

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've been building files on the more prominent exewebbers over the last couple of years and have know reached the mysterious case of Ian Sideman.

To help me to complete what is currently a cream cracker thin file on Mr Sideman, or Sidey as he sometimes calls himself, i am calling on you, my exeweb friends, mentors and annoyances, to help.

If you have any information which you think may be useful, please post it here. Anything, no matter how minor, could help, so please don't leave any stone unturned.

Many thanks, and don't have nightmares.

LOG

I'll start.

Likes cheese. A lot.

Mr Jinx

I thought Ian Sideman was Eamon Dolan's nom de plume.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
'Lives' in 'Surrey'. Never misses an away match at Brentford, but never drinks in pubs where anybody other than his sidekicks would drink in.

Namedrops people I have never heard of. One of them is called 'Vic'.

A prominet ex-Exewebber thinks I am stupid to believe that Sidey is not a multi.

IS 'runs' a 'business', but nobody knows what it is, parhaps not even Sidey himself.

Oh yes, he likes cheese, too.

Top thread, this.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was called Irene Sidewoman until 1993, when she finally got around to having 'the op'.

MickStagraget

Claims to have a young daughter.
Likes trifle (who doesn't?)
Thinks he's clever.

LOG

IS 'runs' a 'business', but nobody knows what it is, parhaps not even Sidey himself.
I seem to remember printing being mentioned, but then i also recall him having to hire vehicles to fulfill a business need.

IIRC, he also has business interests outside of printing and having to hire vehicles, although this may have been as a sleeping partner/directorship.

LammieLammieLammie

Told me once that Bertie would be a top player for City. "He had hunger", he said. "You could see it in his eyes", he said.

Also told me that we had met on many occasions.

Agree about Brentford being close to his heart.

LOG

May or may not have played for QPR.

MickStagraget

Can't hold his beer properly - http://exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24823

So he's probably the type to start drinking halves towards the end of a session.

Also has a 13 year old daughter