• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Garden Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Eden was closed, did you have to climb in over the fence to take those snaps then Sturtz ? :cool:
Here's a snap of the field beyond my garden, looking over the gunnera, not sure how the field became so seeded with echium
:rolleyes: but it's wonderful!

Colesman Ballz

That's pretty amazing Sturtz ! If the Martians ever land in your village they will think that the Triffids have beaten them to it !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Too hot! Got quite a bit done, just at a slow pace. The rest of the runner bean seeds are in, so hopefully the season is nicely extended. Still waiting for my French beans to come up from Torbay.

Antony Moxey

Yes, we‘ve a few jobs to do but they can wait until tomorrow. Quite excited about getting some troughs that hang from the railings, it’ll brighten up the top patio considerably.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My new potatoes are doing well, though a little more top growth than I would have liked. The flower buds are starting, so I should be able to start digging them up in a couple of weeks, but must be patient for now!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lucky you. That last Franklin Night frost killed almost all my spuds with just a couple closest to the hedge surviving.

I doubt I'll get any apples this year either with the frost destroying the blossom.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lucky you. That last Franklin Night frost killed almost all my spuds with just a couple closest to the hedge surviving.

I doubt I'll get any apples this year either with the frost destroying the blossom.
Nothing happening with my Bramley tree, now I'm wondering if it just bears fruit every other year.

Always a problem with timing. Waiting until the May is out, means a delayed start to the gardening and getting a crop. The hot weather means I'm having no success with growing from seeds, apart from some runner beans. No carrots at all!

Colesman Ballz

Nothing happening with my Bramley tree, now I'm wondering if it just bears fruit every other year.

Always a problem with timing. Waiting until the May is out, means a delayed start to the gardening and getting a crop. The hot weather means I'm having no success with growing from seeds, apart from some runner beans. No carrots at all!
Carrots can be difficult little blighters ! 🥕🥕🥕🤬

iscalad

Our cherry tree is covered in aphids. Bleddy things. Happens year after year. Mrs Isca is thinking of chopping it down ala George Washington.

Alistair20000

Hants your new teddies appear to be breaking Lockdown rules: Not social distancing.

Love new teddies me.