The Feckin' Dire Thread

People who don't clean the toilet after using it. Dirty *******!!!
Are you suffering with an under-strength flush perhaps?

Something similar happened in my smallest room a few years ago and rather than spend on a replacement system I found that the valve which controls the flow from the cistern to the pan had, over the years, gradually begun to close but a quick quarter-turn later and full power was restored. It could also be that your ballcock needs adjusting so that it allows the cistern water level to become higher thus creating greater downward flush force.

Failing that, pressure or even vacuum assist toilets are available but can be expensive and require the user to undergo a short training procedure before using them for the first time.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Using the "gents" in a Cirencester garden centre last Monday, I pushed the button and the merest trickle issued forth. I then had to hang around for ages waiting for the place to empty before I could washed up and cleared off.

citytillidie72

Something similar happened in my smallest room a few years ago and rather than spend on a replacement system I found that the valve which controls the flow from the cistern to the pan had, over the years, gradually begun to close but a quick quarter-turn later and full power was restored. It could also be that your ballcock needs adjusting so that it allows the cistern water level to become higher thus creating greater downward flush force.

Failing that, pressure or even vacuum assist toilets are available but can be expensive and require the user to undergo a short training procedure before using them for the first time.
Nope, it's quite a powerful flush. The person in question just couldn't be bothered to clean up after them.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone ever booked a holiday through Travel Republic? While our holiday next week should go without a hitch, I certainly won't be using them again.

ecfc70

A few weeks back mrs 70 decided to get a cleaner to come over once a week, she is over again tomorrow and guess what we have been doing this evening.................yep, cleaning!!

you couldn't make it up