• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
edindevon has flounced after setting the questio on the music quiz redux thread, we need some clueage if no one has stumbled upon the correct ansa yet

edindevon

edindevon has flounced after setting the questio on the music quiz redux thread, we need some clueage if no one has stumbled upon the correct ansa yet
Regrettably, I completely forgot I'd set the question in the first place. I have been rather preoccupied recently. I've now added a clue.

Alistair20000

The shrieking of Sharapova. Especially when listening to the tennis on the wireless in the car. :mad:

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
People who don't clean the toilet after using it. Dirty *******!!!

People who don't clean the toilet after using it. Dirty *******!!!
Are you suffering with an under-strength flush perhaps?

Something similar happened in my smallest room a few years ago and rather than spend on a replacement system I found that the valve which controls the flow from the cistern to the pan had, over the years, gradually begun to close but a quick quarter-turn later and full power was restored. It could also be that your ballcock needs adjusting so that it allows the cistern water level to become higher thus creating greater downward flush force.

Failing that, pressure or even vacuum assist toilets are available but can be expensive and require the user to undergo a short training procedure before using them for the first time.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Using the "gents" in a Cirencester garden centre last Monday, I pushed the button and the merest trickle issued forth. I then had to hang around for ages waiting for the place to empty before I could washed up and cleared off.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

Something similar happened in my smallest room a few years ago and rather than spend on a replacement system I found that the valve which controls the flow from the cistern to the pan had, over the years, gradually begun to close but a quick quarter-turn later and full power was restored. It could also be that your ballcock needs adjusting so that it allows the cistern water level to become higher thus creating greater downward flush force.

Failing that, pressure or even vacuum assist toilets are available but can be expensive and require the user to undergo a short training procedure before using them for the first time.
Nope, it's quite a powerful flush. The person in question just couldn't be bothered to clean up after them.

Spoonz Red E

If you don't get to another room before the flush finishes the toilet monster gets you ..........

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone ever booked a holiday through Travel Republic? While our holiday next week should go without a hitch, I certainly won't be using them again.

ecfc70

A few weeks back mrs 70 decided to get a cleaner to come over once a week, she is over again tomorrow and guess what we have been doing this evening.................yep, cleaning!!

you couldn't make it up

Status
Not open for further replies.