• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You got to work to earn your money. Get over it.
It's not about me - the Missus is off with work-related stress as a result of their department management being useless.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not about me - the Missus is off with work-related stress as a result of their department management being useless.
No such thing, quit job and get one you enjoy. Simples.

crocks

It's like here where I work - the department that completely fails to regard the wellbeing of its staff is...HR.
Agree. I have yet to work for a company where the HR dept is anything other than useless. And how come they are never affected by any redundancy exercises?

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had quite a good service from BT, however they were late. I complained a few times and they sent me a £100 Sainsbury's voucher. Might be worth doing if you can be bothered.
Cool. Am definitely complaining, have already sent 3 e-mails and phoned them repeatedly. The customer service people (either Scottish or Indian) are fine, don't have a problem with them. And the guys that turn up, other than the one that didn't phone ahead, are pretty decent too. THe problem is the dodgy system that they have. For example the first bloke that turned up was supposed to connect phone and broadband. When he couldn't do it he sends the job back to BT and for some reason they then split it into two separate jobs, phone AND broadband. Then when matey turns up to do the phone he phones assorted offices to try and get it so that he can install both, but they won't let him!

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Currently looking for different employment........ Those employers who state in their advert, the National Minimum Wage Will Apply, so what you're saying is oif we could get away with paying you less we would!!

LOG

All fecking day i've had to listen to the combination of a pneumatic drill and disc cutter outside the house down the road and am getting a bit bored of it now.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
BT have advanced from feckin' dire to whatever the next category is. Yesterday I had an appointment, arranged for someone to be at the house all afternoon. At half three there was no word so I gave them a call, after 20 minutes on hold I was told that the appointment had never been confirmed by whoever had booked it at their end. So I'm still without internet and I've now had 4 visits that have been aborted, none of them through any fault of mine.

Grecian_Jay

BT have advanced from feckin' dire to whatever the next category is. Yesterday I had an appointment, arranged for someone to be at the house all afternoon. At half three there was no word so I gave them a call, after 20 minutes on hold I was told that the appointment had never been confirmed by whoever had booked it at their end. So I'm still without internet and I've now had 4 visits that have been aborted, none of them through any fault of mine.
You're pretty crap at all this aren't you. (y)

LOG

All fecking day i've had to listen to the combination of a pneumatic drill and disc cutter outside the house down the road and am getting a bit bored of it now.
There was, you'll be glad to hear, a happy ending. Around 3pm matey got his drill stuck in the concrete, lost his temper trying to get it out, then went home (y)

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should have asked him to see his risk assessments for noise and vibration. Limits on pneumatic drills are usually no more than 30 minutes use in a 24 hour period, unless of course you have adequate processes in place to limit the effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.