• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Feckin' Dire Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The performance of Andy D'Urso on Tuesday. :mad:

Aldridge Prior

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our ****ing home form:mad:

Alistair20000

Our second half "performance" this afternoon. :mad:

League status at risk and we don't turn up.

FECKIN' DIRE

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Question of Sport. Arguably the worst thing on telly. So cringey in the way they try and be funny.

Feckin' Dire(n)

LOG

The DVLA "helpline" has been driving me up the bleddy wall today. 27 options, none of which mean you can actually speak to someone. You choose the one that claims to be what you want then it starts going off on a tangent.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
BT. Ordered 'Infinity Broadband' back in the middle of August and also had to purchase line rental too (although I don't want a phone). Given an installation date of 2nd September so booked the day off work and stayed at home expectantly. Phone call at 5pm from the guy saying that he was in Plymouth and would be about an hour. True to his word he turns up and starts pricking about with whatever he needs to ***** about with. Disappears off outside and up a telegraph pole, then down the road etc. Comes back 20 minutes later and says that he can't complete the install because my line goes into an armoured cable that he's not allowed to touch because he's a subcontractor. However he'll report the job and BT will be in touch.

THis was on the Tuesday, on the Friday I made the effort to phone BT and ask what was going on, they say they'll look into and call me back. I get a call back from a woman who says "I understand the engineer couldn't get access". I quickly told her that the engineer definitely had access and that I wasted a day of holiday on it. She quickly apologises and leaves me on hold while she calls BT Openreach. A few minutes later she comes back on the line and says that it's sorted for an engineer to visit the following day (Saturday), I tell her that I have plans and will be out all day but will leave my phone with someone who can get to the property, I stressed that there would be no one there so I needed them to phone first. Come Saturday evening I return home to find a note through the door saying "you were out", I double checked my phone but had no missed call.

So then we're on to Monday morning and I phone BT again (the automated system alone is feckin' dire) and get through to someone. "Oh we're very sorry" she says and we'll have someone to site on Wednesday, yet again I have to make it clear that I will be at work so will need a phone call first. Chappy actually turned up first thing Wednesday before I left for work, so gave a quick call to work to say I'd be a bit late. Matey dicks around for about 4 minutes and sets up the phone line before asking "are you having fibre installed as well then?". My response was "isn't that what you're doing". Apparently once the first attempt on the 2nd was failed the two jobs (phone and broadband) were split into 2 and, even though he called some people to try and get them to raise the order, he couldn't install the broadband. So that's yet another call to BT "oh we're very sorry, can you be at the property between now and 1pm". Yet again I call work and rearrange things so that I can work from home until 1pm. Come 3pm there's still no sign of anyone so I arrange someone else to be in the house for the rest of the day, just in case. No one turned up.

So this morning I log on to the BT site to track my order and find out that the install date is now the 17th! Useless ****s!! Another stern phonecall is imminent to explain that this is simply not acceptable, in particular because there was a guy in my house yesterday morning (and who lives half a mile away) that is perfectly capable of setting it up.

Grecian_Jay

BT. Ordered 'Infinity Broadband' back in the middle of August and also had to purchase line rental too (although I don't want a phone). Given an installation date of 2nd September so booked the day off work and stayed at home expectantly. Phone call at 5pm from the guy saying that he was in Plymouth and would be about an hour. True to his word he turns up and starts pricking about with whatever he needs to ***** about with. Disappears off outside and up a telegraph pole, then down the road etc. Comes back 20 minutes later and says that he can't complete the install because my line goes into an armoured cable that he's not allowed to touch because he's a subcontractor. However he'll report the job and BT will be in touch.

THis was on the Tuesday, on the Friday I made the effort to phone BT and ask what was going on, they say they'll look into and call me back. I get a call back from a woman who says "I understand the engineer couldn't get access". I quickly told her that the engineer definitely had access and that I wasted a day of holiday on it. She quickly apologises and leaves me on hold while she calls BT Openreach. A few minutes later she comes back on the line and says that it's sorted for an engineer to visit the following day (Saturday), I tell her that I have plans and will be out all day but will leave my phone with someone who can get to the property, I stressed that there would be no one there so I needed them to phone first. Come Saturday evening I return home to find a note through the door saying "you were out", I double checked my phone but had no missed call.

So then we're on to Monday morning and I phone BT again (the automated system alone is feckin' dire) and get through to someone. "Oh we're very sorry" she says and we'll have someone to site on Wednesday, yet again I have to make it clear that I will be at work so will need a phone call first. Chappy actually turned up first thing Wednesday before I left for work, so gave a quick call to work to say I'd be a bit late. Matey dicks around for about 4 minutes and sets up the phone line before asking "are you having fibre installed as well then?". My response was "isn't that what you're doing". Apparently once the first attempt on the 2nd was failed the two jobs (phone and broadband) were split into 2 and, even though he called some people to try and get them to raise the order, he couldn't install the broadband. So that's yet another call to BT "oh we're very sorry, can you be at the property between now and 1pm". Yet again I call work and rearrange things so that I can work from home until 1pm. Come 3pm there's still no sign of anyone so I arrange someone else to be in the house for the rest of the day, just in case. No one turned up.

So this morning I log on to the BT site to track my order and find out that the install date is now the 17th! Useless ****s!! Another stern phonecall is imminent to explain that this is simply not acceptable, in particular because there was a guy in my house yesterday morning (and who lives half a mile away) that is perfectly capable of setting it up.
I had quite a good service from BT, however they were late. I complained a few times and they sent me a £100 Sainsbury's voucher. Might be worth doing if you can be bothered.

crocks

It always amazes me that the its communication companies that are the most c r a p at....communication.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It always amazes me that the its communication companies that are the most c r a p at....communication.
It's like here where I work - the department that completely fails to regard the wellbeing of its staff is...HR.

Grecian_Jay

It's like here where I work - the department that completely fails to regard the wellbeing of its staff is...HR.
You got to work to earn your money. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.