• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeter City v Portsmouth prediction thread

sign of the chimes

The Burton 'keeper, who looked about 12, was on loan from Sunderland iirc. Decent, mind.
That was the one. One of our few away wins but you could see that he had the attributes needed.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
And dont forget his biggest downfall was he was not a natural footballer and looked extremely uncomfortable with ball at his feet. If our forwards chase everything down then Im sure he will make a few mistakes, whether any of them are costly to gift us a goal is another matter.
True dat. My first reaction when the ball was played back to him was usually to look away.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy with a point from this game.

Rog H K

Got 4-1 written all over this game(smoke)

Mark Wakeley

Already the pattern repeating home defeats to Swansea, Torquay & Pompey?

Terryhall

Just had a good chat with a mate at work who is a Pompey fan. He reckons they've signed well over the summer and are stronger than last season, plus Awford has them playing "good" football. The positives for us are that they are still a bit shaky at the back and meeting them early means that the new signings might not be fully settled in.

crocks

City 0 Portsmouth (any score you like)!

Avening Posse

As an aside, I had a look on the official site, and tickets sales in the WTS stand appear to be going rather well, especially in the blocks adjacent to the away supporter block, so therefore expect a very significant amount of travellers as I imagine they would be the first tickets they would look for maybe ?, good for the coffers.......

sign of the chimes

As an aside, I had a look on the official site, and tickets sales in the WTS stand appear to be going rather well, especially in the blocks adjacent to the away supporter block, so therefore expect a very significant amount of travellers as I imagine they would be the first tickets they would look for maybe ?, good for the coffers.......
Surely not ;-)

Edit: Just had a look myself - not sure how full the Big Bank gets, but the seating looks pretty well occupied already. Should be a cracking atmosphere and also some serious gate receipts in to the ECFC coffers - which is brilliant news.

Last edited:

butch

Surely not ;-)

Edit: Just had a look myself - not sure how full the Big Bank gets, but the seating looks pretty well occupied already. Should be a cracking atmosphere and also some serious gate receipts in to the ECFC coffers - which is brilliant news.
The Big Bank will be one light.(space available at pillar 7) After 54yrs of standing up, I have succumbed to the curse of the senior ticket and brought a seat in with the poshies and train spotters.