• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeter City v Portsmouth prediction thread

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
On second thoughts can you play Poke and give us a better chance!!!

sign of the chimes

Decent keeper chimes, but like most can drop the odd *******, here's hoping he does Saturday :p have a good day Pal.
That's L2, isn't it Silver Fox? Think the thing some of our support is struggling with is that these players are fallible. We're five years out from the likes of James, Campbell, Distin, Diarra, Defoe, Crouch wearing the shirt. The natives are trying their best to adapt, but many absolutely crucified our (admittedly poor) keepers last season - to the extent that both were finished by September (when we brought Carson in). I think we could be in this division for a few more years and there's a small part of me that thinks we might benefit from that - however, I'd love for us to soar this season!

I've said before, but genuinely hope you can put this summer behind you and kick on.

sign of the chimes

On second thoughts can you play Poke and give us a better chance!!!
From what I've read on here you've got Wee Jimmy Krankee in goals. I've emailed Awford and told him to get the forwards to just punt it toward the top of the goal ;-)

geoffwp

Listen chimes, size isn't everything son (not that I've ever had to worry) :D

Silver fox

From what I've read on here you've got Wee Jimmy Krankee in goals. I've emailed Awford and told him to get the forwards to just punt it toward the top of the goal ;-)
Oh bugger we are doomed :D still have a good day, I have a Pompey mate down for the weekend!! May cancel!!

LOG

I'd say it's 80%. We signed him and Poke (from Torquay) - but Jones has played week in week out consistently for the past couple of seasons at Crawley - and in League 1 to boot.
Jones was certainly the subject of many, erm, debates when he was here.

He was a very capable 'keeper but his decision making seemed to be his weakness. Also, make sure your defence know not to play a pass-back to his left foot.

sign of the chimes

He was a very capable 'keeper but his decision making seemed to be his weakness. Also, make sure your defence know not to play a pass-back to his left foot.
I'll pass that on (and hope the centre-halves don't)!

I saw a couple of stand out keepers in L2 last season - there was the chap at Chesterfield (Lee) and a youngster who was on loan at Burton when we played at theirs last September (think he was from one of the NE clubs). Outside of those two it seemed much of a muchness.

LOG

The Burton 'keeper, who looked about 12, was on loan from Sunderland iirc. Decent, mind.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

And dont forget his biggest downfall was he was not a natural footballer and looked extremely uncomfortable with ball at his feet. If our forwards chase everything down then Im sure he will make a few mistakes, whether any of them are costly to gift us a goal is another matter.

sign of the chimes

And dont forget his biggest downfall was he was not a natural footballer and looked extremely uncomfortable with ball at his feet. If our forwards chase everything down then Im sure he will make a few mistakes, whether any of them are costly to gift us a goal is another matter.
Jesus, I was feeling relatively positive about the new season until then ;-)