• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeter City v Portsmouth prediction thread

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 sleeps to go :)

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyway butch, getting back to the thread topic....

I believe that unfortunately we're going to crash and burn v Pompey. The Brazil trip will still be affecting the players, with jetlag, and all the other s**t that went on, like having to sleep on their coach cos' they got themelves locked out of their hotel on the last night because they stayed out too late! What a f*****g farce that Tisdale allows that to happen! Then Tisdale bemoans the fact that a lot of the players, and him are suffering from a virus they picked up in Brazil! I could see that coming a mile off!

If we dont sign anybody to add to the current squad before saturday (totally unlikely!), and we try to do battle with a Portsmouth side (that I'm sure will win promotion) with the mix of inexperience and and the odd journeyman that we have, we'll equal the record opening day defeat of 0-5 inflicted on us by Southend United on Aug.24th 1957: Attendance 10,234 - and in those days I doubt if many, if any Southend supporters made the trip.

On the up

Blimey a prediction of a 5 nil loss. Are we Really that poor. After watching PSF's thought we looked ok and at times passed the ball well. Just lacked the ability to put the ball away and score. If the full squad becomes available and is clear of illness for Sat I would hope for a closer shoreline 2-1 either way. If we are forced to play too many youngsters, we may lose our way, give away too much possession and concede a few goals. Fingers crossed.

PeteUSA

Are we Really that poor. After watching PSF's thought we looked ok and at times passed the ball well. Just lacked the ability to put the ball away and score. If the full squad becomes available and is clear of illness for Sat I would hope for a closer shoreline 2-1 either way. If we are forced to play too many youngsters, we may lose our way, give away too much possession and concede a few goals. Fingers crossed.
You've sort of covered two of our problem areas there: we "lacked the ability to put the ball away and score" - which is worrying in the extreme. I had also hoped that Tisdale would have got a seasoned goalkeeper in, instead of sticking with a youngster who's no doubt promising, but is still a season short of football league standard. If we do lose heavily, which I believe we will, it'll be no fault of Pyms. He should never be thrown in at the deep end in a fashion it appears he will be.

Last edited:

Cos

Grecians 2 Skates 0

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-1 draw.

Keohane equalizer in the 85th minute.

andrew p long

Got 4-1 written all over this game(smoke)
Agreed. Except I fear it will be 1-4.

Curley

That's L2, isn't it Silver Fox? Think the thing some of our support is struggling with is that these players are fallible. We're five years out from the likes of James, Campbell, Distin, Diarra, Defoe, Crouch wearing the shirt. The natives are trying their best to adapt, but many absolutely crucified our (admittedly poor) keepers last season - to the extent that both were finished by September (when we brought Carson in). I think we could be in this division for a few more years and there's a small part of me that thinks we might benefit from that - however, I'd love for us to soar this season!

I've said before, but genuinely hope you can put this summer behind you and kick on.
You have a bit of brown stuff on your nose sign of the chimes.

Avening Posse

You are supposed to give a prediction Curls !, happy to reciprocate by predicting your lot will lose 4-0 at Cambridge :)

sign of the chimes

Got it off your mum :)

Last edited: