• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Echo

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Surely the time has come for the Echo to move to a weekly freesheet edition. I have harked on before about Hounslow not having its own daily - instead we have the Hounslow Chronicle (a weekly freesheet). The paper's website carries any "as it happens" news and stories, most of which then appear in the paper edition on a Friday, with a little more in-depth stuff (esp. local sport).

I'd say that while Devon needs a daily, Exeter doesn't necessarily.

grecian55

Trouble is in these days of internet ,smart phones etc,that news travels very fast and the city of exeter ,like most of devon is not a hot bed of news ? everyone seems to know whats going on very,very quickly now and as everyone is saying the echo is probably going weekly sooner rather than later ,i can recall in my local rag such outstanding weekly headlines such as "milk churns disappear from farm" and " local accused of sheep -worrying " ,no need for phone hacking in them days !

Where is Ed Hogg when you need him??!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the E&E website has improved in recent months, they have had several informative pieces recently about the young players coming through and the Norway tour.

I'd be disappointed if the E&E disappeared, but can see the logic of a weekly paper with a website updated daily. So long as they send someone regularly to interview City players and management and report the games and major developments fairly that'll do me.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the E&E website has improved in recent months
Really? My humble opinion is the new look is dreadful. Not living round there these days i still use it to keep up to date with Exeter stuff, but that's not out of choice.

The Echo has been dying on it's arse for some time now. There simply isn't enough 'news' to fill a daily paper. Community stuff is all well and good but there are only so many coffee mornings that people want to read about.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting discussion. As an aside, can anyone offer any explanation for the seascape which now appears as a backdrop on all the 'This is' sites?!

Bemused of Exeter

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Writing was on the wall since it moved from Exeter - Plymouth, surprised it's kept going as long as it has.

Log there are those whose life revolves around coffee mornings, they're the same eejiots, who cut us up on Exe Bridges, after using the wrong lane, nothing worse than getting to a coffee morning late, & the coffee is tepid :p

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Writing was on the wall since it moved from Exeter - Plymouth, surprised it's kept going as long as it has.

Log there are those whose life revolves around coffee mornings, they're the same eejiots, who cut us up on Exe Bridges, after using the wrong lane, nothing worse than getting to a coffee morning late, & the coffee is tepid :p
Flaming idiots cull them with the badgers

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Flaming idiots; cull them, instead of the badgers
Amended...

EGTE

The Excess and Error is now printed at Didcot - along with many regional papers.