• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Before today we needed a maximum of seven points to guarantee promotion, now we need a maximum of six. Today gets parked and we move onto the Rochdale game. Two wins out of four games (three at home) is where everyone else bar FGR would currently want to be.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I am hoping Rovers and the Cobblers drop points next Saturday so that if we beat Rochdale it will take some of the pressure off us for the Barrow game.

The thought of still not being over the line before playing the Cobblers is worrying to say the least.

They will probably still have something to play for autos or playoffs and more importantly our H to H record down the years is utterly appalling and by far our worst H to H record with any Club.

Red Devon

Personally I am hoping Rovers and the Cobblers drop points next Saturday so that if we beat Rochdale it will take some of the pressure off us for the Barrow game.
Agree, hopefully they’ll both lose, two draws would still be good 🤞

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can’t be giving up on the title yet. FGR have got Bristol Rovers, Swindon and Mansfield Away still. Plus they are now pretty much up so hopefully they will go back to their recent dodgy form.
Personally I’m happy with results today. Could mean we play Port Vale with us going for the title and them needing to win to get that last auto place. Exciting game!
Personally I would prefer they beat Rovers leaving the latter with a possible finishing points total of 79 and removing any threat to us for a place in the autos.

Phil Sayers

Personally I would prefer they beat Rovers leaving the latter with a possible finishing points total of 79 and removing any threat to us for a place in the autos.
I see the logic and safety first it makes perfect sense - don't get me wrong I would be far from unhappy if that does happen. However, I look at FGR's remaining fixtures and I don't think the title is out of reach yet. Heart is saying a draw between the Vegans and Rovers would be best because if we win our own fixture we would still be a further two points ahead of Barton's lot and it would pile more pressure on FGR for their tricky end to the season.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
All that matters is we win 2 matches. Everything else will be what it will be.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

The thought of still not being over the line before playing the Cobblers is worrying to say the least.

They will probably still have something to play for autos or playoffs and more importantly our H to H record down the years is utterly appalling and by far our worst H to H record with any Club.
It would somehow be typical of City to screw up our home games and then go and win unexpectedly at Northampton. However, after clinching our last 2 promotions away from SJP it would be nice to do it this time in front of our home fans.

grecIAN Harris

Why is there this sudden worry about Rovers when they're doing us a favour? They're not realistically going to catch us so why worry. We've two very winnable games coming up which will put them out of reach so if they can do us a favour, as they did today, then why worry about them?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we can take 3 points at home to Rochdale and Rovers and Northampton both drop points (Rovers home to FGR and Northampton away to Orient) then just a draw against Barrow will see us over the line.
You’ve overlooked Sutton who could still reach 82 points. If they win on Saturday then a draw against Barrow mightn’t be enough to see us over the line.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is there this sudden worry about Rovers when they're doing us a favour? They're not realistically going to catch us so why worry. We've two very winnable games coming up which will put them out of reach so if they can do us a favour, as they did today, then why worry about them?
Personally, I’m worried about any team who can still catch us. Yes, we should win the next 2 games but anything that reduces the number of points we need seems like a good thing to me.