• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A number of individuals have said on here not bothered (or words to that effect) with other results.

Today has shown how arrogant that was the result at Carlisle has had a major effect and means Mansfield maximum points available now 81 points.

If we can take 3 points at home to Rochdale and Rovers and Northampton both drop points (Rovers home to FGR and Northampton away to Orient) then just a draw against Barrow will see us over the line.

Even if they don’t drop points…..6 points from Rochdale and Barrow and we will still be over the line…..so keep the faith UTC.

Last edited:

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
More than a few twists and turns today.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
More like the Auto stumble , but hopefully it will be rectified soon.Let’s kill off these two basement teams we have to play and finish it.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Four points won't be a disaster in the next two home games and may well be enough. Could have done without Northampton getting back to form but a point there may well get us over the line.
Sky choosing Salford v Mansfield for live coverage is looking increasingly bizarre.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A number of individuals have said on here not bothered (or words to that effect) with other results.

Today has shown how arrogant that was the result at Carlisle has had a major effect and means Mansfield maximum points available now 81 points.

If we can take 3 points at home to Rochdale and Rovers and Northampton both drop points (Rovers home to FGR and Northampton away to Orient) then just a draw against Barrow will see us over the line.

Even if they don’t drop points…..6 points from Rochdale and Barrow and we will still be over the line…..so keep the faith UTC.
Exactly this! Frustrating and as hard to watch at times as today was, the reality is that if we win our next 2 games we will be in League 1 - and 4 points could be enough if others drop points.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
12 points to play for. 6 guarantees promotion, 4 may well be enough.

It's certainly in our hands. Today was a blip and may not be a bad thing as we can't now get complacent against Rochdale and Barrow.

It's all looking good but I really want it wrapped up after the next 2 homes. I can't stand the thought of going in to the last game needing something to get autos.

Tbh I don't give a feck about the title, just promotion that's all that matters at this moment in time.

Memphis09

12 points to play for. 6 guarantees promotion, 4 may well be enough.

It's certainly in our hands. Today was a blip and may not be a bad thing as we can't now get complacent against Rochdale and Barrow.

It's all looking good but I really want it wrapped up after the next 2 homes. I can't stand the thought of going in to the last game needing something to get autos.

Tbh I don't give a feck about the title, just promotion that's all that matters at this moment in time.
Totally agree promotion is all I care about title is a bonus

Cowshed Grecian

We can’t be giving up on the title yet. FGR have got Bristol Rovers, Swindon and Mansfield Away still. Plus they are now pretty much up so hopefully they will go back to their recent dodgy form.
Personally I’m happy with results today. Could mean we play Port Vale with us going for the title and them needing to win to get that last auto place. Exciting game!

jon_shoe

Win the next two and we’re up. That’s a dream scenario to be honest. Both at home against lower half teams.

dontpassback

Win the next two and we’re up. That’s a dream scenario to be honest. Both at home against lower half teams.
Do the basics and we will be ok