• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thanks Matt Jay

Average Joe

Matt Jay has just signed for Colchester. Cheers Matt, hope we got some good money for him

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

gilbertshoot

Hell of a player and some amazing goals. Sad to see him go. Good luck mate and thanks for all of the wonderful memories 👏👏👏

Redarrow

Big player for us over the last couple years and will be missed, I know he hasn’t been involved as much as he wanted under GC and i Guess it makes sense why he hasn’t played a lot recently as the deal was most likely sorted a while ago and the club didn’t want it to fall through if injured etc.

All the best MJ and thank you for everything skip.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Jay has just signed for Colchester. Cheers Matt, hope we got some good money for him
"Undisclosed" as per...but I hope we demanded return of our flag as part of the deal.

Seriously though, a certain irony that we poached his "replacement", JB, from the same club.

Only time will tell which was the better bit of business.

Grecianpasty

What a great story his career at City has been. He scratched and clawed to get into the first team after graduating from the academy. It seemed almost inevitable at one point that he was on his way out, but he stuck with it and became one hell of a player. Its a shame that he won't be here for his testimonial year, but what a servant he has been nonetheless.

His goal against Barrow will go down in history.

Best wishes to Jay in the future.

Average Joe

Surprises me MT went to Colchester, sitting 21st in league two is hardly attractive for him, he's a proven lethal league two striker. They must be delighted to have signed MT

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Only time will tell which was the better bit of business.
Oh Purlease! It's not even a contest.