• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sutton United versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And the trains running past that corner of the ground. Can’t think of too many other grounds where that’s possible.
We have trains running past a corner of the ground as well, you know. They've even left a nice big gap for them by the NOG.
(And our very own railway station) :p

grecIAN Harris

We have trains running past a corner of the ground as well, you know. They've even left a nice big gap for them by the NOG.
(And our very own railway station) :p
But you can't see them........... ;)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The facilities aren't great. In fact, you would easily recognise the ground from when I played there in the 70s.
What league were they in then Malcs? Was that the main team you played for as I assume at some stage you must have played for someone in the south west otherwise how on earth did you get involved at City?

C j phill

Funny how people see things, At the station afterwards a Sutton fan said we were far the better team and they didn't deserve the win, Impressed by our fans too and the style of our football.
We often hear from opposing supporters how good we are, after their team have beaten us. Its getting slightly annoying now............

DB9

We often hear from opposing supporters how good we are, after their team have beaten us. Its getting slightly annoying now............
It might be annoying for you but this is what this fan said to me and my lad, He wasn't gloating, An oldr fan who just came up to us and said it. Or do you mean you're getting fed up losing when we've played well?

malcolms

What league were they in then Malcs? Was that the main team you played for as I assume at some stage you must have played for someone in the south west otherwise how on earth did you get involved at City?
Strange story. Isthmian League. Started as a kid with Palace and then played for a number of the senior clubs in the area. Injury finished playing early. Wife's parents retired to Honiton, then Sidmouth. Started going to City games when down there, the rest is history.

Last edited:

David Treharne

, the rest is history.
Ah, but what a history!

denzel

A decent view from the away stand at Sutton.A lot better than Barrow or Kingstonian when AFC Wimbledon were there.
Another plus is age concession starts at 60 😁 Having reached that milestone last year.(Salford also have the same age for the concession)

It ain’t all bad at Gander Green Lane 😎
OK for the 90 or so lucky enough to be in the posh seats...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No luck involved, just planning. The seats weren't posh either, basic ones with poor legroom. And the view from the corner of the ground wasn't that great.

1 make sure you have "gold" status.

2 buy a ticket soon after they go on sale.

3 turn up at the game.

Oldsmobile-88

I did meander over to the stand behind the goal.It seemed a decent view(only checked at the front)
It just needed a steeper rake for spectators at the back as per the away end at SJP.