• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sutton United versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A decent view from the away stand at Sutton.A lot better than Barrow or Kingstonian when AFC Wimbledon were there.
Another plus is age concession starts at 60 šŸ˜ Having reached that milestone last year.(Salford also have the same age for the concession)

It ainā€™t all bad at Gander Green Lane šŸ˜Ž

DB9

Funny how people see things, At the station afterwards a Sutton fan said we were far the better team and they didn't deserve the win, Impressed by our fans too and the style of our football.

malcolms

Were you at the game yesterday? What did you think of the facilities?
The facilities aren't great. In fact, you would easily recognise the ground from when I played there in the 70s.

jimmy

Apologies if mentioned but why did Stubbs leave his foot/knee inside the box after the challenge along with looking as guilty as possible. This made it an incredibly easy decision for the referee.

That aside, I am pleased to hear he made a good debut.

Red Devon

I am interested to learn from those at the match what they thought of how our new central defenders performed against a ā€œphysicalā€ Sutton team and their potential in the rest of the season
They both made a very favourable impression, as weā€™ve seen with Stubbs in his limited game time so far he is very good with his head, he seems to put it on the end of pretty much everything that he challenges for in the air, also beginning to see that he loves a good full blooded tackle on the floorā€¦Diabate also looks strong in the air and kept his game simple by just clearing the ball away rather than try to overplay thingsā€¦they were up against a team with a strong physical presence, Olaofe and Bugiel are a right handful for any League Two defence from what I could see of it.

Red Devon

A decent view from the away stand at Sutton.A lot better than Barrow or Kingstonian when AFC Wimbledon were there.
Another plus is age concession starts at 60 šŸ˜ Having reached that milestone last year.(Salford also have the same age for the concession)

You must have a good view of the scoreboard from there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

What? I missed the 60 concession again!

Oldsmobile-88

What? I missed the 60 concession again!
Never ! šŸ¤£

Oldsmobile-88

Yes.Handy for checking how long was left to hang onto a point.šŸ™

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And the trains running past that corner of the ground. Canā€™t think of too many other grounds where thatā€™s possible.