• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

ECFC89

As well as Joey Barton, Darrel Clarke of Port Vale,another side we were promoted with, commenting on the fact he hasn't bought in the bodies he needs to, deals have looked like they are about to happen and haven't materialized, and that he's not going to bring just anyone in to appease the fan base.

Basically we're the same story as clubs in a very similair position to ourselves.

StudentGrecian

As well as Joey Barton, Darrel Clarke of Port Vale,another side we were promoted with, commenting on the fact he hasn't bought in the bodies he needs to, deals have looked like they are about to happen and haven't materialized, and that he's not going to bring just anyone in to appease the fan base.

Basically we're the same story as clubs in a very similair position to ourselves.
Obviously not much we can do, but it doesn’t fill you with much hope knowing there’s lots of clubs out there still waiting to finalise these deals. How many are we competing against for the same players? Could we still end up with nothing!

Matt Russell

Obviously not much we can do, but it doesn’t fill you with much hope knowing there’s lots of clubs out there still waiting to finalise these deals. How many are we competing against for the same players? Could we still end up with nothing!
I wouldn't describe Jamal Blackman as 'nothing'

tom_ecfc

Unpopular view, I know, but I still think we could/should have hung on to Oz. At least for one more season.
I think Oz for 1 season could have been an option, but I'm guessing he was looking for a multi year contract which we were not willing to offer/thought we had other targets at the time of his release, which haven't come to anything now.

StudentGrecian

I wouldn't describe Jamal Blackman as 'nothing'
I meant from our position now. I’ve highlighted previously that the Jamal signing is a brilliant one.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unpopular view, I know, but I still think we could/should have hung on to Oz. At least for one more season.
I'll wait and see who we bring in before agreeing with you, or not!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brutal!

Clarke came to Rotherham with a lot of promise but he injured his knee in his first friendly for them. It looks like he’s been injured a fair bit since then, so not sure he’s something we need.
Wasn't it Joey Barton when manager of Fleetwood who released Stubbsy because of his injury?

jimbo-gould

Wasn't it Joey Barton when manager of Fleetwood who released Stubbsy because of his injury?
I thought the same. But Barton left at the beginning of January and Stubbs near the end. Either way, it shows that some managers don’t fancy players the turn out to be gems.

Matt Russell

I'll wait and see who we bring in before agreeing with you, or not!
That's trying to have it both ways!
We either signed him at the start of the transfer window, or he was free (and probably sensible) to look and accept other offers.

'We don't really want you, but we might' isn't a transfer strategy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we should have kept Zanzala - IMO he would have been a good (and presumably affordable) backup for Nombe / impact sub., and said so at the time.