• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hardly ambitious going for rejects from a side we finished above last season.
Tim Dieng.....

Bridgy 81

Tim Dieng.....
and Jevani if I recall correctly.

ExmouthMart

So Barton’s a great fan of Clarke then? 😀
"I made a mistake bringing Trevor Clarke back, I shouldn't have brought him back, I should have really known that from last year but I gave him a chance and he hasn't managed to take it…….”

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
"I made a mistake bringing Trevor Clarke back, I shouldn't have brought him back, I should have really known that from last year but I gave him a chance and he hasn't managed to take it…….”
Brutal!

Clarke came to Rotherham with a lot of promise but he injured his knee in his first friendly for them. It looks like he’s been injured a fair bit since then, so not sure he’s something we need.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joey Barton's thoughts here echo those of Matty T and suggest the issue in bringing in quality players isn't unique to Exeter:

ExmouthMart

What about Zain Westbrooke, central midfield? Also been told to leave by Barton. But clearly some talent there?
Signed by The Gas on a three year deal for an undisclosed fee. Barton says he can’t wait for ever for him to step up….. Spent time on loan at Stevenage because apparently he enjoyed working with Tisdale when he was at Rovers…… rated at Coventry but lost his way a bit since. He’s available and maybe our type of player. Namely, a bit of a gamble but quite clearly has ability.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Explains it …. Perhaps we shouldn’t be tempted either unless we’re getting desperate.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think Tim Dieng and Jevani Brown were unwanted by their clubs unless I'm mistaken, that's the difference, they weren't rejects.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think Tim Dieng and Jevani Brown were unwanted by their clubs unless I'm mistaken, that's the difference, they weren't rejects.
Jevani Brown was released by Colchester at the end of his contract. https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/19309596.jevani-brown-exit-colchester-united/

DawlishBouy

Myles Kenlock, the left back released by Ipswich and suggested as a possible signing for City, Has joined Barrow.