• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally, ATM, I'd be glad to have Keiran Phillips amongst the subs.
Me too he was a bit hit and miss but he had pace, at times looked quite promising and I thought he was worth persevering with.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Neither Zanzala or Phillips were really good enough. Phillips will probably have the better career, despite Zanzala being more effective in his time with us. MT had a good look at Zanzala last season and decided not to make him an offer. That's good enough for me, even though we've struggled to find a replacement.

scottus86

There's got to be someone out there who wants a shot a league 1 football.

I wouldn't say no to offering Rowe a contract again. Squad depth and utility and probably cheap.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we should have kept Zanzala - IMO he would have been a good (and presumably affordable) backup for Nombe / impact sub., and said so at the time.
Matt obviously saw enough to realise that Zanzala wouldn't be of much use in Lg 1. There's no point having someone in just for the sake of it. If we can't get anyone decent then if Nombe is injured we'll just have to adapt our play, if we can. Other teams have to do it. We have had 3 months to sort this problem out: if our success or failure depends on Nombe playing in most games then we haven't properly prepared for this season.

Banksy

Matt obviously saw enough to realise that Zanzala wouldn't be of much use in Lg 1. There's no point having someone in just for the sake of it. If we can't get anyone decent then if Nombe is injured we'll just have to adapt our play, if we can. Other teams have to do it. We have had 3 months to sort this problem out: if our success or failure depends on Nombe playing in most games then we haven't properly prepared for this season.
Probably just stick Coley up front in that event.Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and we find a decent replacement because it’s an accident waiting to happen.

IndoMike

Probably just stick Coley up front in that event.Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and we find a decent replacement because it’s an accident waiting to happen.
Amin

STURTZ

Idi?

Probably could do a job for us!😄

IndoMike

Matt on need for new strikers:
“It wasn’t just that moment, it’s every moment of the game because, we are two (strikers) short now, and we are one injury away from being drastically short and having to rejig the while structure and system of the team,” Taylor added.

“We are desperate for players and desperate for centre forwards, but as I have said all along, I can’t create extra money. I can’t force loan clubs to release their players earlier than they want to and we are in the loan market for a reason and that’s because we can’t afford to sign permanent players of any quality.

Banksy

Matt on need for new strikers:
“It wasn’t just that moment, it’s every moment of the game because, we are two (strikers) short now, and we are one injury away from being drastically short and having to rejig the while structure and system of the team,” Taylor added.

“We are desperate for players and desperate for centre forwards, but as I have said all along, I can’t create extra money. I can’t force loan clubs to release their players earlier than they want to and we are in the loan market for a reason and that’s because we can’t afford to sign permanent players of any quality.
I still say we ought to tap up young Jamie Cureton again , surely he’s got a few goals left.

Albumen

No one’s even mentioned Ben Seymour!!!