• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Red Bill

Whoever we bring in we need a RWB that can defend and play as an RB should we wish to change shape. I really like the look of Rankine, I think he's an exciting prospect, but he's no defender!

Intheknow84

What I will say if we sign Phillips is our style now suits him better. Before we played into the front man more than we do now which did not suit him. He runs quick on the ball and can finish. I think this would be a good signing.

As for da Costa. No thanks. Doesn’t look a player at all.

Grecianpasty

Phillips playing style reminds me a lot like Mackie.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe things aren't as bad as we think ..................
Who are these "we" you speak of?

Grecian Max

I doubt he's developed much physically when he's been sat on his arse injured for 6 months
Weight work usually means players bulk out when injured

Grecian Max

If we add Phillips, Dacosta and Harris I make that job done. Squad of 23 (I’m only including Cox and Borges from the youth) - cover for all positions. Loads of options and plenty to be excited/hopeful about.

Can’t wait for Saturday: I hate Wycombe.
Base job done with a few more weeks of the window to run

I would expect us to add a couple more quality players if they became available (Stanno + an experienced CM 🙏)

denzel

curmudgeon comes to mind haha
No I just remember him from the first time! Though apparently he's improved, it will be miraculous if he turned into a solid league one striker when he didn't look like a league two one! Happy to be proved wrong

Bridgy 81

I admit he looked raw when he was with us previously.
But to be fair to him that was 18 months ago and since then he’s scored 7 goals in 20 League One matches in what was a poor Morecambe team.
I’d say that was pretty good.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just having a muse over the Exeter B team and saw that Burton have only 19 players signed on (no yoof to fill in as far as i'm aware) and just lost to Scunthorpe (yes really) as their season warmer last Saturday. Maybe things aren't as bad as we think ..................
Do we have more than 19 players who we can realistically call upon to get us results in league one?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we have more than 19 players who we can realistically call upon to get us results in league one?
Just done the maths and the answer is yes! 🤣