• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stronger or weaker?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
:s cool so miss out the bit about it 'only being clevedon'

In context (trying to win a contract against a team from Tivvy's league) he was good.

That's my point, dude - you said he would score goals in L1 based on him looking sharp tonight. Chillax, man.

wrapper

if Norwood plays then we will have a 30 goal striker and because of that alone we will be stronger

wemissmoxey

if Norwood plays then we will have a 30 goal striker and because of that alone we will be stronger
:)

Are you from Eastbourne ?

Phil Sayers

Like most everyone else I would like to see us add another striker and personally I would like some cover at CB - although if Furzer is ready to step up I could happily drop that request what with having Bennett (sp?) as well. However few things would give me more pleasure than the transfer window magically slamming shut tomorrow as we could add that striker through a free (e.g Cureton, Lawrie) or a loan and I am much more concerned about possible departures than possible arrivals now.

I think we pretty much have what we need for a good season but sadly I think it is inevitable that between now and September clubs will come knocking for some of those players; if they haven't already....

Well-known Exeweb poster
T B H, I'm pleased that someone has so much confidence in the guy.
But 30 sounds a lot of pressure on him, 10 would do nicely.

Well-known Exeweb poster
'Take youre pick' If it's gonna happen, IMO it's going to be either Harley or Taylor Both would be a loss, but I honestly think we got enough to step up and still move on, although as you point out it would probably be prudent to get a little cover at c/b.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did anyone at the game hear why Lawrie didn't play? Would have thought he'd have been given a run out unless he's got a knock or Tis had a change of heart and let him go.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry phil somehow lost the quote but that last post was in reply to your point about other clubs coming 'knocking on our door'

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
He certainly isnt , proven goalscorer at this level and his movement is top notch , if he signed he would get 15 plus goals for us , movement and the ability to get into goalscoring positions isnt all about pace Sturtz , he's a sniffer and will get goals.
15 goals plus when he has managed 6 in 2 seasons? No chance. Would be an utter waste of money. I'd have rather kept Corr, at least he managed 6 goals in one season.