• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stronger or weaker?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
If we're going to get in another striker to capitalise on crossfield balls and hold up the ball I think we could do a lot better and certainly younger than Cureton.

He's past it.
He certainly isnt , proven goalscorer at this level and his movement is top notch , if he signed he would get 15 plus goals for us , movement and the ability to get into goalscoring positions isnt all about pace Sturtz , he's a sniffer and will get goals.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
...I think we could do a lot better and certainly younger than Cureton.

He's past it.
Well Readings David mooney is available.

STURTZ

We need a big holding player who's going to work hard to bring the rest of the team into play, at the moment we have just Logie, last season we had Logie, Corr and Taylor/McAlistair, Nardiello will be our main goalscorer with the majority of our goals coming from our midfielders. An out and out striker is a luxuary that Tis will do without.

CREDYGRECIAN

We need a big holding player who's going to work hard to bring the rest of the team into play, at the moment we have just Logie, last season we had Logie, Corr and Taylor/McAlistair, Nardiello will be our main goalscorer with the majority of our goals coming from our midfielders. An out and out striker is a luxuary that Tis will do without.
totally disagree , if were going to have ball players in the middle which we have , we dont need a big old lump up there , Corr was sh*te as well so glad he's gone. A fox in the box poacher is exactly what we need to progress , Nardiello's goalscoring record isnt great , Curetons is very good he would be a big addition to the squad in terms of quality.

His movement in and around the box is top draw.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He certainly isnt , proven goalscorer at this level and his movement is top notch , if he signed he would get 15 plus goals for us , movement and the ability to get into goalscoring positions isnt all about pace Sturtz , he's a sniffer and will get goals.
Think it was Grecian Max on the matchday thread who said he looked sharp tonight, which is encouraging and to get a goal too is always good.

I heard he may have been carrying a knock for his time on loan at the Shrews, which may account for the poor form there.

At the end of the day, he's got a great record at this level and if he's fully fit he should give us a real threat even at his age now. The only thing that would worry me is I think he works better playing off a big striker as he did at Colchester with Iwelumo and at Bristol R's with Jason Roberts. Unfortunately we don't have that kind of player and we really can't play him on his own up front.

wemissmoxey

totally disagree , if were going to have ball players in the middle which we have , we dont need a big old lump up there , Corr was sh*te as well so glad he's gone. A fox in the box poacher is exactly what we need to progress , Nardiello's goalscoring record isnt great , Curetons is very good he would be a big addition to the squad in terms of quality.

His movement in and around the box is top draw.
I know what you are saying but it would be nice to have the option of a target man, the only striker we have who can win the odd header is Logan and he very rarely poses much of a threat.

Grecian Max

Sturtz did you go tonight? I went with that opinion of Cureton but returned thinking along different lines. Ok so it was only Clevedin but he looked surprisingly sharp and his movement was excellent. He would score goals for us at L1 level.

CREDYGRECIAN

thats why i said we still need 2 strikers , a fox in the box type like cureton is essential and a target man if needed to give you that option off the bench , Logie gives you that and Tisdale tends to use him from there in anycase.

Cureton , Logie , Watson , Nardeillo , Stans , Norwood , Stewart....only one of them would you bet on getting 15 plus league goals and its Cureton

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know what you are saying but it would be nice to have the option of a target man, the only striker we have who can win the odd header is Logan and he very rarely poses much of a threat.
Yeah, someone like Odejayi, Marvin Morgan or Showunmi would pose a totally different threat but it's just not Tis' way. Corr was never used to his strength and he could've produced more. Big Mac was quite often played in wide areas which isn't to his strength either.

he looked surprisingly sharp and his movement was excellent. He would score goals for us at L1 level.
Have a word with yourself, Max - he was playing against players only slightly better than you, not Southampton, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, etc. Fair play to you for going tonight and maybe he did play well but let's not w*nk him off just yet, eh?