• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St James Park Investments

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is what Taggy said in the E&E...

“It will help with advertising and I am sure our sponsors will enjoy it and it is very difficult to make pay, but we will of course try to do that. It’s really about the supporter experience and improving that.

“It’s a hugely expensive piece of kit running into the hundreds of thousands, but the fans want it and we want to provide it.”
Hundreds of thousands?! You gotta be kidding. Do the supporters really want the club to fork out hundreds of thousands for this?

ExmouthMart

The pitch has to be the main focus of attention and expenditure, particularly as the Manager always mentions the fact that it impacts the style of football he wants to play. It needs to be a thorough costed job as well and not a budget quick fix job. There’s no point wasting money if it’s not going to sort the problem.
I might be old fashioned but my match experience is generally enhanced by us scoring goals and winning games, so do we really need a booming, flashing scoreboard that costs a fortune?!
As for ownership of property and investing money that should be driven by and owned by The Trust not off shoot companies no matter how well meaning. The ultimate goal should be complete control by The Trust and the supporters. Surely everyone would agree with that.

malcolms

Hundreds of thousands?! You gotta be kidding. Do the supporters really want the club to fork out hundreds of thousands for this?
Clearly it's going to depend on how big the screen is and what type of software they are going to run on it...but you can buy a totem advertising screen for around 1500 so if you multiply that by the size of screen you are looking for then its going to be 50k plus

IndoMike

Clearly it's going to depend on how big the screen is and what type of software they are going to run on it...but you can buy a totem advertising screen for around 1500 so if you multiply that by the size of screen you are looking for then its going to be 50k plus
Malcs : Taggy says it's going to be bigger than 16 metres square and will cost hundreds of thousands.

Apologies if already posted elsewhere..

malcolms

Malcs : Taggy says it's going to be bigger than 16 metres square and will cost hundreds of thousands.

Apologies if already posted elsewhere..
Thanks Mike I saw that, but I would hazard a guess that the pitch overhaul will take up the vast majority of the expenditure.

malcolms

Thanks Mike I saw that, but I would hazard a guess that the pitch overhaul will take up the vast majority of the expenditure. We regularly use LED screening at our conferences (when we are allowed to work) and they are often as big, if not bigger that 16 sq.m. If the club is spending 100's of thousands on video walls then I can put them in touch with people who can advise on the best options.

Boyo

Thanks Mike I saw that, but I would hazard a guess that the pitch overhaul will take up the vast majority of the expenditure.
Tagg is saying the cost of the screen specifically is "hundreds of thousands". The cost of the pitch renovations will be additional hundreds of thousands.

ExmouthMart

So in a transitional season with a massive playing budget cut the club are looking to spend over a million pounds on a building purchase, pitch improvement, club shop and a score board. Has a break down of the exact costs and which project gets how much money been forthcoming yet?!
This might have already been explained, so apologies if it has. The purchase of the OTR company will be for a nominal amount or market value of the building?! Again apologies if we are going over old ground but I think clarity is of the utmost importance here. Was the original intention of OTR forming to purchase the building for the benefit solely of the football club and safeguard against outside development?!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you read the various reports they say that they have been researched in full https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/capital-expenditure/

We had the playing budget cut last season prior to Ollie signing for Villa with limited knowledge of income for the coming season, that is why KKMT referred to it as a transitional season having to play more of the youngsters than we would have done previously. And how well they have risen to the challenge.

No news has been made on playing budget for the coming season as far as I am aware but surely that will depend on what division we are in and before you bleat on about play offs being seen as a failure we can still make the Autos

malcolms

Tagg is saying the cost of the screen specifically is "hundreds of thousands". The cost of the pitch renovations will be additional hundreds of thousands.
If that's really the case then I'd love to see the 'spec' for this visual marvel.