• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St James Park Investments

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see the point of the scoreboard.
No information about the nature of the pitch improvements but I assume it's not a dessert pitch.
Not sure why the shop needs improvement?
The purchase of OTR can't be a bad thing. I guess it gives us an asset. I assume there must be a longer term plan behind it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No information about the nature of the pitch improvements but I assume it's not a dessert pitch.
The purchase of OTR can't be a bad thing. I guess it gives us an asset. I assume there must be a longer term plan behind it.
I agree abut the scoreboard, but many fans mention it on here. Would be it be allowed to replay the goals, or just another advertising medium.

A substantial improvement to the pitch I hope. We could with automatic promotion to give the extra time for it!

I think the shop is seen as a good revenue stream, but not always a great place to be on match day. I think the range of items on sale could be expanded.

Is the OTR building listed? Could we knock it down? o_O

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Advertising space can be sold to go onto the scoreboard. We should get a good return on that investment.
Don't expect we can afford the custard for a dessert pitch..although sponsorship from Ambrosia may help.

Pete Martin (CTID)

A scoreboard will pay for itself over time. Apart from the things that Hants mentioned, it will increase advertising revenue.

milts

Will the scoreboard show replays of goals etc?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very good news to hear and possibly suggests that the improvements to the Cliff Hill Training Ground are expected to be met by grants? The purchase of the Park is notable in that if the club is to have ambitions of playing in the Championship AND stay at SJP the only side of the ground that can increase the capacity of the ground in the long term is the Doble Stand. There is now the opportunity with the purchase of the Park building to use the footprint of the Doble stand along with the Park building to build a much bigger stand with new conferencing, bars and office facilities. If built as a two tier stand I think that is the only way you can increase the capacity of the ground to nearer to 12,000 without having to move.

suffolklad

If the scoreboard is like the one at Colchester it provides instant match feedback as well as past replays of match highlights also as well as advertising space got to be a good thing

malcolms

Can we assume that the purchase of the Old School Building will be for the same price paid in 1998?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the scoreboard is like the one at Colchester it provides instant match feedback as well as past replays of match highlights also as well as advertising space got to be a good thing
Do you mean the one that wasn't working when we played them:unsure: