• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St James Park Investments

ExmouthMart

As long as no individual or property development company can ever be in a position to own the assets or whats left of them if the worse happens and The Trust is in the loop for everything then we can all sleep easy at night. We need to make sure that every deal is for the long term benefit of Exeter City Football Club and investment is put into the right areas for reasons that are explained to everyone and exactly where the money goes.

dontpassback

Seems like a good investment,with transparency along the way,so all in all good news

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to hear about all the planned upgrades 👍

The challenge to sustain a League One budget through revenue alone is putting the cart before the horse a bit.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to hear about both the investments and the ambition of chairman Richard Pym. These upgrades, coupled with the work on the Cat & Fiddle, will give us the infrastructure worthy of a League One club. Hopefully more information is released in due course about the pitch work.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need to make sure that every deal is for the long term benefit of Exeter City Football Club and investment is put into the right areas for reasons that are explained to everyone and exactly where the money goes.
You're not of the opinion that we should spunk it all on the first team and enjoy the ride whilst it lasts then?

i8cornwall

According to the report on the Grecian Groups meeting (see link on the previous page) it states that it is "how windfalls from the sales of academy players would be invested". So not Trust money then. I'm not too fussed as the windfall money the club receive should be, partly at least, reinvested into infrastructure. The old school building I can see arguments for it being paid and owned for either Trust or Club.
I think it was said in the Grecian group meeting last night that this has come from the Watkins money or at the very least one of the installments that we will be paid of it.

ExmouthMart

You're not of the opinion that we should spunk it all on the first team and enjoy the ride whilst it lasts then?
In a word..... Ajose.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
All these investments look very sensible - I just hope we can find a few quid down the back of the sofa to also re-paint the seats in the Cowshed.

Reactions: Egg

Trapdoor

All these investments look very sensible - I just hope we can find a few quid down the back of the sofa to also re-paint the seats in the Cowshed.
Can you even paint plastic seats? Surely it would just chip and peel off...

Ex-ciderrr

Can you even paint plastic seats? Surely it would just chip and peel off...
you’d just rip the seats out and put in new tbh.