• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St. James Park - Championship Ground

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like Colchester you mean???
It would be interesting to know what the matchday income per supporter is at Colchester in comparison to ours.

tavyred

No it wouldn't, the cost would cripple us financially with an 8 figure debt !
It depends how any move and the resultant new build was financed.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be an anathema to a lot of the fanbase but a purpose built out of town stadium would transform our financial picture dramatically. 🤷‍♂️
I doubt if it would, for all sorts of reasons.

In any case, there is now no longer a suitable site available even if we wanted to go down this route.

Colesman Ballz

It couldn't be financed other than by us producing the next Jude Bellingham and selling him for £30 million plus ! You are in fantasy land. :p

Reactions: WXF

Andy_H

It would be interesting to know what the matchday income per supporter is at Colchester in comparison to ours.
Why not ask MJ to find out for you.

tavyred

It couldn't be financed other than by us producing the next Jude Bellingham and selling him for £30 million plus ! You are in fantasy land. :p
You think every new stadium built in the last decade or two was wholly financed by the clubs themselves? 🙄
I love matchdays at SJP but selling out in the third tier more often than not is lost income and a drag on our ambitions if it carries on.

Andy_H

Cans4City is doing well but not THAT well!!!!! £30m is an awful lot of cans, approx 60m, as per current scrap aluminium prices best you start some serious drinking sharpish.

But 'The Cans4City Stadium' has an interesting ring(pull) to it.

Boyo

I doubt if it would, for all sorts of reasons.

In any case, there is now no longer a suitable site available even if we wanted to go down this route.
Cranbrook?
I'd personally hate a stadium out there, but it's a legitimate site, surely?

Colesman Ballz

You think every new stadium built in the last decade or two was wholly financed by the clubs themselves? 🙄
I love matchdays at SJP but selling out in the third tier more often than not is lost income and a drag on our ambitions if it carries on.
Have you run out of political subjects to argue the toss over ? I am not going to waste my time or energy in further pandering to your fantasies ! :p

Andy_H

Cranbrook?
I'd personally hate a stadium out there, but it's a legitimate site, surely?
Crimebrook? Just how much it cost, and how long take to build, with all the materials 'disappearing' overnight?