• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Senior Reds

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peter was goalie when I started watching City in 1968, so I'm really looking forward to this one.
1968? This board is full of Johnny-come-latelies;)

iscalad

A reminder

Friday 25th March sees popular former keeper Peter Shearing return to SJP. Peter will be the guest of the Senior Reds in the Centre Spot and will be sharing some of his Grecian memories.

Doors open at 1pm for refreshments, social chat and a chance to look around the Exeter City FC Museum, where there should be some reminders of Peter's time at the club. It's also hoped to have some relevant film running during this first hour.

The meeting starts at 2pm, and will be followed by an optional tour of the Stadium for those who want it.

New members welcome. As we near the end of this season, the £5 membership fee takes new members through until the end of the 2022/23 season. With monthly meetings and a fortnightly newsletter, we think that represents good value for money.

Peter lives in Kent, so would normally be out of range. So let's hope for a good turnout.

Bridgy 81

Unfortunately I can’t make this one in person or via Zoom.
I’m already committed that afternoon to attending a talk by a crime fiction author at my local library!
I should be all set, and am looking forward, to going down to Exeter for the April meeting with Mike Mullarkey though.

iscalad

Unfortunately I can’t make this one in person or via Zoom.
I’m already committed that afternoon to attending a talk by a crime fiction author at my local library!
I should be all set, and am looking forward, to going down to Exeter for the April meeting with Mike Mullarkey though.
Hopefully it will be recorded and be available on YouTube again.

iscalad

Bump for this

Peter Shearing will be our guest in the Centre Spot this afternoon.

1pm - refreshments and a chance to look around the ever changing club Museum, with items relevant to Peter on display.

2pm - Peter shares some of his memories in conversation with Dave Phillips. Audience participation welcomed.

There will be an optional ground tour for those interested after the meeting.

Please come along and have a chat with Peter. New members welcome.

iscalad

Peter Shearing

Attachments

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
About 5 7 then in height 🤣

iscalad

That was a very enjoyable afternoon. Thank you Peter and your daughter, Jane.

PeteUSA

That was a very enjoyable afternoon. Thank you Peter and your daughter, Jane.
I wish I could have been there for this one. Up there with the best Peter was. He looks good for 83!

Any more photos or a bit of film on youtube?

iscalad

I wish I could have been there for this one. Up there with the best Peter was. He looks good for 83!

Any more photos or a bit of film on youtube?
It was filmed. I'll let you know when it comes on YouTube.