• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Senior Reds

Bridgy 81

Is there a Zoom link?
I attended via Zoom. Very enjoyable it was too.
As said above it’ll be on YouTube. It sounded to me like Jed from the SM team was in charge of that side, so I’m sure it’ll be done well.
Due to their other commitments Abbie and her colleague David could only speak for an hour but there was a lot of interesting information in that time.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a very enjoyable afternoon. I hadn't been upstairs in a long time so it was the first chance I had to look in the museum. The talk with abbie and David was very interesting and I did the ground tour afterwards. It was my first time at a senior reds meeting and it certainly won't be my last.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was a very enjoyable afternoon. I hadn't been upstairs in a long time so it was the first chance I had to look in the museum. The talk with abbie and David was very interesting and I did the ground tour afterwards. It was my first time at a senior reds meeting and it certainly won't be my last.
Nice to hear.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Unfortunately, owing to prior commitments elsewhere, I wasn't able to make yesterday's gathering, which was a shame, but I hope to make the next one, whenever it is.

Bridgy 81

I’m fairly sure it was said yesterday that our April meeting will have Mike Mullarkey (former linesman/assistant referee) as guest speaker.
He was due to join us a couple of years ago, but that was unfortunately postponed because it was just as the first lockdown occurred.
The actual date for next month was mentioned but I won’t share it here because I was only at yesterday’s meeting via Zoom so it’s quite possible I may have misheard it.
No doubt Senior Reds will receive official email confirmation of all the details in due course.

iscalad

Unfortunately, owing to prior commitments elsewhere, I wasn't able to make yesterday's gathering, which was a shame, but I hope to make the next one, whenever it is.
Thursday 7th April. In the Trust suite again, hopefully. As Bridgy says to be confirmed by group e-mail.

Bridgy 81

Thursday 7th April. In the Trust suite again, hopefully. As Bridgy says to be confirmed by group e-mail.
Thanks.
That’s the date I thought I heard so I’ve already rescheduled my appointment with the dental hygienist so I can attend!
My only worry now is that whenever I’m in close proximity to a linesman I often have an uncontrollable urge to shout at them.
I wonder if it’s possible for me to be there in person but also be on mute?

iscalad

Thanks.
That’s the date I thought I heard so I’ve already rescheduled my appointment with the dental hygienist so I can attend!
My only worry now is that whenever I’m in close proximity to a linesman I often have an uncontrollable urge to shout at them.
I wonder if it’s possible for me to be there in person but also be on mute?
My wife used to work with him. He's used to being shouted at. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

iscalad

On the City YouTube channel now. Can't copy and paste from my phone.

Bridgy 81

On the City YouTube channel now. Can't copy and paste from my phone.
I’m hopeless at attaching links etc but have just watched the video.
I’m slightly disappointed that the session has been reduced from an hour to a little over 20 minutes.
Not too sure why as there were other interesting questions and answers which have been left on the cutting room floor.
Nevertheless it‘s handy for those who weren’t able to attend to get a flavour of what was said.
Thank you to everyone involved in organizing it.