• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Senior Reds

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

iscalad

Following on from our successful meeting with Abbie Britton and Dave Gribble, we can announce a return meeting with former, International Referees Assistant Mike Mullarkey.
Mike will be with us on Thursday 7th April, in the Trust Suite. Gathering at 1.00 pm for pre talk refreshments.
Please let me know if you would wish to join the meeting via Zoom, if this were to be arranged.

I am afraid that we are unable to organise for VAR to be available. So, we won't be able to challenge what Mike tells us.
😭

Hopefully the fans near me in the IP who don't know the offside rule will be able to attend. ;)

This is the official notification. I'm assuming Mike will be there from 2pm.

Andy_H

Following on from our successful meeting with Abbie Britton and Dave Gribble, we can announce a return meeting with former, International Referees Assistant Mike Mullarkey.
Mike will be with us on Thursday 7th April, in the Trust Suite. Gathering at 1.00 pm for pre talk refreshments.
Please let me know if you would wish to join the meeting via Zoom, if this were to be arranged.

I am afraid that we are unable to organise for VAR to be available. So, we won't be able to challenge what Mike tells us.
😭

Hopefully the fans near me in the IP who don't know the offside rule will be able to attend. ;)

This is the official notification. I'm assuming Mike will be there from 2pm.
I don't think that the Trust Suite is big enough for them ALL!

andrew p long

😭
Really? Surely somebody could start a chant of 'you don't know what you're doing'..

.. followed by 'the referee's a ******'

iscalad

Really? Surely somebody could start a chant of 'you don't know what you're doing'..

.. followed by 'the referee's a ******'
Ah, but Mike was never a referee.

iscalad

This is fairly short notice, but the Senior Reds are holding an additional meeting on Friday 25th March , when we'll be joined by former City goalkeeper Peter Shearing . Peter is back at St James Park to watch the Stevenage match on Saturday 26th March, and has kindly agreed to be our guest on the 25th.

Peter played for the Grecians from 1964 to 1966 and again from 1968 to 1971, making a total of 159 appearances in the process.

The session will take place in the Centre Spot, as all other rooms are set up for the match the following day. The doors will open at 1pm for the usual tea / coffee/ social chat, with the meeting itself starting at 2pm.

New members are welcome to attend and, as we're close to the end of the season, the annual membership fee of £5 will run through for them until July 2023. If you have friends who are interested in coming along, please make them aware of this.

This is a rare chance to meet up in person with a City great who lives in Kent, so would normally be out of our range.

Peter was goalie when I started watching City in 1968, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peter was goalie when I started watching City in 1968, so I'm really looking forward to this one.
My first goalie as well along with Bob Wilson - not the TV one.

iscalad

My first goalie as well along with Bob Wilson - not the TV one.
Yes Bob, RIP, took over when he came from, iirc, Cardiff.

Colesman Ballz

Yes Bob, RIP, took over when he came from, iirc, Cardiff.
Yes it was from Cardiff, for whom if iirc he had played in a semi final of the European Cup Winners Cup. I recall his home debut being on a very windy day, which caused him to struggle with his kicking from the Big Bank end, with a large proportion ending up in the Old Grandstand !

iscalad

Yes it was from Cardiff, for whom if iirc he had played in a semi final of the European Cup Winners Cup. I recall his home debut being on a very windy day, which caused him to struggle with his kicking from the Big Bank end, with a large proportion ending up in the Old Grandstand !
Ha ha. Sounds like every goalie we've ever had.