• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Seeing a band multiple times

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thugs have feelings too? I dunno, please take it back though, I'm begging ya...
Whatever I have done, said, or posted, that has caused this upset I apologise for as profusely as is humanly possible within the constraints of good taste.

Now HTFU.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Whatever I have done, said, or posted, that has caused this upset I apologise for as profusely as is humanly possible within the constraints of good taste.

Now HTFU.
Chaz and Dave do not fall under good taste though :D

les.gtfc

I've followed Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine all over the country and abroad and have lost count of the number of times I've seen them. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in November at Brixton Academy and recently had the pleasure of meeting Jim Bob on his recent solo tour when he played at Lincoln.

I also used to follow a local band "Illustrious" everywhere back in the early 90's. They almost made it big, signed a record deal and released a number of singles and an album. They appeared on local and national TV and supported Squeeze on one of their national tours. Unfortunately they never really hit the big time but I still have their singles and album and still listen to them now every now and again. They wrote all their own stuff and were not your usual "karaoke" style local band. The lyricist for the group actually wrote a track "Grimsby Born & Proud" for the football club as "The Twist", another band that he formed when Illustrious split and Illustrious also had the launch of one of their singles at BP when they played a mini-gig on a temporary platform rigged up in The Pontoon Stand.

Last edited:

Ian Sideman

Yeah but you are a wimp and I am a thug so why should I care ?
yip yap, yip yap, rabbit, rabbit rabbit....

angelic upstart

Now HTFU.
Apology accepted, my good man.

Please can you tell me what HTFU means now.

Red the Paper

Banned
C*cksparrer x 8 and got tickets to see them in November in Amsterdam.

Oldsmobile-88

I have seen the UK Subs about 20 times,but that is over 30 years...The first time at Woods in 1978 & the last time,last year at the Hub....I have seen umpteen personal changes with Mr Harper....

I have seen the Stranglers quite a few times,but i doubt i will see them again...I could not be arsed to get to the Great Hall recently,to see them...

Swanaldo

I plan to watch Half Man Half Biscuit twice in two days later this year.
Are we doing both dates?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I used to go and see Pulp as often as they played in Sheffield in the 80s. I reckon it was about 20 times in all.

Seen them twice since they got famous too. Jarvis is a top bloke whose new album is excellent.

les.gtfc

I have seen the UK Subs about 20 times,but that is over 30 years...
I'm off the see The Subs 2 weeks on Thursday at The Yardbirds Club, Grimsby.