• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Seeing a band multiple times

journeyman

Right, something a bit more light hearted than this politics stuff.

What is your view on seeing a band multiple times, not only throughout their career but multiple times on the same tour.

Now the football season is over, I am now, like last year, looking for something to fulfil my love of travelling this country (hence my exeweb name). Last year I went to Paris to see Iron Maiden twice in two days and then came home and saw them at Twickenham, making it three times in a week.

This year, I've got more and more into Oasis. Saw them for the first time in October, and then went to France in January to see them again. Since they announced the summer gigs I have kept on adding more and more gigs! See them this weekend just gone in Manchester and have got Coventry, Wembley and Paris still to go, making it 6 times in the space of about 10 months. Leaving aside your thought on Oasis, what is your opinion on doing something like this?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's fine.

I saw Chas N Dave twice in two days, Plymouth then Looe.
I did the Wurzels three times in a week. Yeovil (With Chas N dave, no less), Exeter and Plymouth.
I've seen Chas N Dave 8 times, The Wurzels at least a dozen.

I plan to watch Half Man Half Biscuit twice in two days later this year.

journeyman

Half Man Half Biscuit are incredible, I'd love to see them.

elvis the pig

Depends on the band in question. Some bands play exactly the same set at every show on the same tour - that would bore me to tears if I could predict every song. I remember seeing an Elvis Costello tour in the 1980's in London. You could purchase a 'season ticket' giving you entrance for three consecutive shows. On the first he played with the Attractions, on the second solo and the third was a rather bizarre audience participation style show. Every single one was completely different and was brilliant. Other bands I've seen more than once on the same tour and ended up wishing I hadn't.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
No problems with it here, they don't get much less awesome with subsequent gigs!

Off to see Muse in November for the second time, and fully expecting my pants to become a little wet like last time. Looking forward to the new album too.

Poultice

I think it's fine.

I saw Chas N Dave twice in two days, .
I fink it's just wrong.

Chas n feckin Dave were resident in my local when I first moved to London, nightmare.

Then with a view to getting me leg over I took a bird to see 10cc at the Hammy Odeon, guess who were on first, yeah you're right, fecking nightmare.

angelic upstart

I fink it's just wrong.

Chas n feckin Dave were resident in my local when I first moved to London, nightmare.

Then with a view to getting me leg over I took a bird to see 10cc at the Hammy Odeon, guess who were on first, yeah you're right, fecking nightmare.
PLease take that back or we may have a little falling out :)

i saw a band (see profile pic!) 12 times in 16 days (3 days were travelling) - loved every minute of it. far too much alcohol and drugs to write a detailed account of it but.

if you get the chance, do it!!

Poultice

PLease take that back or we may have a little falling out :)
Yeah but you are a wimp and I am a thug so why should I care ?

angelic upstart

Thugs have feelings too? I dunno, please take it back though, I'm begging ya...