• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season over.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Next two games are season defining. Win those two matches and we may be close once more.

It's never over 'till it's over.
But lose those 2 games, and we might have one hell of a roller-coaster to the end of the season, with relegation a distinct worry.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
But lose those 2 games, and we might have one hell of a roller-coaster to the end of the season, with relegation a distinct worry.
Agreed....

ecfc95

It's a tight league, a few wins or a few defeats can be major. Our season is in the balance right now.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Next two games are season defining. Win those two matches and we may be close once more.

It's never over 'till it's over.
No chance of play offs. Even our best form over thirteen games wouldn't get us to seventy. They are important imo in getting to fifty quickly. My target now would be can we beat last seasons 55 and if so is there time to reach sixty. Sixty four to beat two years ago would be a good effort now.

motorservices

No chance of play offs. Even our best form over thirteen games wouldn't get us to seventy. They are important imo in getting to fifty quickly. My target now would be can we beat last seasons 55 and if so is there time to reach sixty. Sixty four to beat two years ago would be a good effort now.
we have thrown our season away thats for sure

rp42

Thought for the amount of fans that were there yesterday the atmosphere was she-ite :mad:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Bugger all to cheer was there

ChardGrecian

Took a day to reflect on Saturdays poor performance and read lots about Tisdales tactics and home form but I think the biggest problem is the lack of contacts in the game to identify and bring in players who can fill the gaps. The vast majority of what we ever get is ex players or old has beens. Who is this Haylock guy and what real experience and contacts does he have ? then there is Mel Gwinnett another bit part goal keeper who helps develop youngsters but what contacts does he have. Tisdale seems to have no contacts in the game or a scouting network to identify players and now it seems Steve P contacts have worn thin.
Other clubs seem to find players to fill gaps we are still running a defence with small slow local talent or midfield players filling in. Everyone knows we need a couple of central defenders but can our management team find any - seems not even a good loan player from Swansea, Reading (Dolan) Liverpool (Ingelthorpe) Spurs (Perryman) Arsenal (Ampadu) which are all places we should have working relationships with.
If Haylock can't identify players and work out weaknesses in opponents what is he here for.

ECFC Music

Far from over, we´re in free fall. These are our remaining fixtures, lets see where we might pick up points

York v Exeter Sat 28 Feb 15:00 Draw (44 points)

Carlisle v Exeter Sat 7 Mar 15:00 Draw (45 points)

Exeter v Wimbledon Sat 14 Mar 15:00 Lose (45 points)

Exeter v Stevenage Tue 17 Mar 19:45 Lose (45 points)

Cheltenham v Exeter Sat 21 Mar 15:00 Lose (45 points)

Exeter v Morecambe Sat 28 Mar 15:00 Draw (46 points)

Luton v Exeter Fri 3 Apr 15:00 Lose (46 points)

Exeter v Newport Mon 6 Apr 13:00 Lose (46 points)

Shrewsbury v Exeter Sat 11 Apr 15:00 Win (49 points)

Wycombe v Exeter Tue 14 Apr 19:45 Lose (49 points)

Exeter v Southend Sat 18 Apr 15:00 Draw (50 points)

Hartlepool v Exeter Sat 25 Apr 15:00 Lose ( 50 points)

Exeter v Dag & Red Sat 2 May 15:00 Draw (51 points)

That´s my predictions.
Despite our current poor form let's hope your predictions bite the dust. Not a win in the next eight ,only one more win and just 8 points from 13 matches. Can understand the pessimism but we live in hope.

denzil

Took a day to reflect on Saturdays poor performance and read lots about Tisdales tactics and home form but I think the biggest problem is the lack of contacts in the game to identify and bring in players who can fill the gaps. The vast majority of what we ever get is ex players or old has beens. Who is this Haylock guy and what real experience and contacts does he have ? then there is Mel Gwinnett another bit part goal keeper who helps develop youngsters but what contacts does he have. Tisdale seems to have no contacts in the game or a scouting network to identify players and now it seems Steve P contacts have worn thin.
Other clubs seem to find players to fill gaps we are still running a defence with small slow local talent or midfield players filling in. Everyone knows we need a couple of central defenders but can our management team find any - seems not even a good loan player from Swansea, Reading (Dolan) Liverpool (Ingelthorpe) Spurs (Perryman) Arsenal (Ampadu) which are all places we should have working relationships with.
If Haylock can't identify players and work out weaknesses in opponents what is he here for.
Good post and I agree - it comes down to "not what you know but who you know". I cannot for the life of me understand with our contacts why we haven't anyone on loan from those clubs. However if the Manager thinks he's above loans then there is no point having any contacts whatsoever.

Which scenario is it ???? 50+ points looks miles away.