• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season over.

neilybags

Its difficult to see Hartlepool surviving but that leaves another relegation place to be filled. I think we will be safe but our current performances have been relegation quality. We have some good players but 'Tis keeps them on the bench or plays them out of position. Remember what happened to Bristol Rovers last season!

scottus86

Far from over, we´re in free fall. These are our remaining fixtures, lets see where we might pick up points

York v Exeter Sat 28 Feb 15:00 Draw (44 points)

Carlisle v Exeter Sat 7 Mar 15:00 Draw (45 points)

Exeter v Wimbledon Sat 14 Mar 15:00 Lose (45 points)

Exeter v Stevenage Tue 17 Mar 19:45 Lose (45 points)

Cheltenham v Exeter Sat 21 Mar 15:00 Lose (45 points)

Exeter v Morecambe Sat 28 Mar 15:00 Draw (46 points)

Luton v Exeter Fri 3 Apr 15:00 Lose (46 points)

Exeter v Newport Mon 6 Apr 13:00 Lose (46 points)

Shrewsbury v Exeter Sat 11 Apr 15:00 Win (49 points)

Wycombe v Exeter Tue 14 Apr 19:45 Lose (49 points)

Exeter v Southend Sat 18 Apr 15:00 Draw (50 points)

Hartlepool v Exeter Sat 25 Apr 15:00 Lose ( 50 points)

Exeter v Dag & Red Sat 2 May 15:00 Draw (51 points)

That´s my predictions.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's a bit of perspective: we were bookies favourites to be relegated at the start of the season. Yesterday we were playing against a team with a striker that we couldn't afford to employ, even with the Grimes money.

According to the commentary, our defence was poor and many think it has been poor for weeks, possibly a couple of months now. Here I would agree that the manager has been doing a bad job selection-wise and in terms of signing players in the window. If he doesn't see this and put it right I would be inclined to agree with others at the end of the season. But overall, I'm still positive, as I think if we improve in relevant areas we will be good enough to go up next season. The Harley move was a gamble and although there seem to be glimpses of him returning to an influential role in the team, we just don't know if he can regain form from before. I was hurting yesterday, really sick when the penalty was given as that for me was a moment when we could have got back in it, but given that it is unlikely that the manager will resign I think people should try and find it within themselves to support him and the players at the games before the end of the season. I understand people who think he should go, but he isn't going to (I don't think) so it won't help to make a big fuss about it. I know that on exeweb it looks like the majority or nearly a majority want him gone but a lot of Tisdale supporters that I've met don't post on exeweb because they hate that atmosphere, so I'm really not sure even now that it's a majority that want him out either.

Jammers20

Here's a bit of perspective: we were bookies favourites to be relegated at the start of the season. Yesterday we were playing against a team with a striker that we couldn't afford to employ, even with the Grimes money.

According to the commentary, our defence was poor and many think it has been poor for weeks, possibly a couple of months now. Here I would agree that the manager has been doing a bad job selection-wise and in terms of signing players in the window. If he doesn't see this and put it right I would be inclined to agree with others at the end of the season. But overall, I'm still positive, as I think if we improve in relevant areas we will be good enough to go up next season. The Harley move was a gamble and although there seem to be glimpses of him returning to an influential role in the team, we just don't know if he can regain form from before. I was hurting yesterday, really sick when the penalty was given as that for me was a moment when we could have got back in it, but given that it is unlikely that the manager will resign I think people should try and find it within themselves to support him and the players at the games before the end of the season. I understand people who think he should go, but he isn't going to (I don't think) so it won't help to make a big fuss about it. I know that on exeweb it looks like the majority or nearly a majority want him gone but a lot of Tisdale supporters that I've met don't post on exeweb because they hate that atmosphere, so I'm really not sure even now that it's a majority that want him out either.
I honestly can't find anything in myself to support Tisdale anymore. i will go to games i will cheer when we score. i will be pleased when/if we win. But there is absolutely nothing he's doing that makes me want to get behind him. Watching one of his team selections and tactics at home is painful. and there is no attraction to make anyone want to go. The attendances are dropping. Yesterday the attendance was 7,400ish take off Argyles 1,700 is 5,700 home fans. take off the 3,000 or so who are there every home age that is 2,700 floating fans who came just because it was a derby. Surly someone would have said to Tisdale "looks like a good crowd this week, go out there be positive and make them want to come back again. Instead he serves up the utter dross that we watched yesterday. and those 2,700 have gone again and won't be back! Very frustrating

ecfc70

Far from over, we´re in free fall. These are our remaining fixtures, lets see where we might pick up points

York v Exeter Sat 28 Feb 15:00 Draw (44 points)

Carlisle v Exeter Sat 7 Mar 15:00 Draw (45 points)

Exeter v Wimbledon Sat 14 Mar 15:00 Lose (45 points)

Exeter v Stevenage Tue 17 Mar 19:45 Lose (45 points)

Cheltenham v Exeter Sat 21 Mar 15:00 Lose (45 points)

Exeter v Morecambe Sat 28 Mar 15:00 Draw (46 points)

Luton v Exeter Fri 3 Apr 15:00 Lose (46 points)

Exeter v Newport Mon 6 Apr 13:00 Lose (46 points)

Shrewsbury v Exeter Sat 11 Apr 15:00 Win (49 points)

Wycombe v Exeter Tue 14 Apr 19:45 Lose (49 points)

Exeter v Southend Sat 18 Apr 15:00 Draw (50 points)

Hartlepool v Exeter Sat 25 Apr 15:00 Lose ( 50 points)

Exeter v Dag & Red Sat 2 May 15:00 Draw (51 points)

That´s my predictions.
this is where the old bbc predictor would have been helpful, if we continue as we are then we may need the old survival probability graphs to come back out

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

People have voted with their feet, yesterday was the equivalent of our average League One home support v the 3,000 who will turn up next time. A majority of these 3,000 may be behind Tisdale, but clearly 2,700 don't rate him enough to even turn up.

Since Tisdale graced the pitch at Sheffield Weds, we have played 84 home League games, and failed to win 60 of them. The Grimes money will simply be wasted on plugging the shortfall between outgoings and income due to quite possibly the worst home record in League & Conference football. And I wouldn't get too excited about proving the bookies wrong just yet, we are in free fall

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster

Then when it doesn't work out next season give him the season after that and then the one after that. If I had any hope that he might make big changes to the squad in the summer then I'd give him an opportunity. His squad is stale, his tactics are stale and his transfers are stale. The sale of Grimes freed up some money to sign some players. We might as well have thrown that money down the drain.

Jammers20

Then when it doesn't work out next season give him the season after that and then the one after that. If I had any hope that he might make big changes to the squad in the summer then I'd give him an opportunity. His squad is stale, his tactics are stale and his transfers are stale. The sale of Grimes freed up some money to sign some players. We might as well have thrown that money down the drain.
I too hope he makes big changes too the squad. to stand a chance of competing i would say around 8 new players need to come in. I still wouldn't trust the clown with any squad. His philosophies are just so wrong and so negative.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
That stat about the home results is incredibly poor

The 5 home games I've been too in 2015 have seen us get 1 point & the entertainment has been poor

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next two games are season defining. Win those two matches and we may be close once more.

It's never over 'till it's over.