• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rude Jobsworth

TOP_CITY_FAN

I'm sure some of them are employed by an outside company, shadow security? But one of them has been a steward for as long as i've been going which is nearly 26 years now.
There's stewards which are employed by the club, and then there is the shadow security who are not employed by the club. You can tell the difference not only by the massive "shadow security" on their high-vis jackets, or the fact that every member of SS have an armband with an official SIA badge on, whereas stewards don't.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
If there aren't paid they are still getting in to watch the game for free.
And? There is no way that getting in for free makes up for the hassle of being a steward imo.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
For various reasons I've taken to using the jungle path of late instead of the OtR turnstiles.......I only ever once got a patdown at OtR but I get one every time up the jungle..................to be fair the security guys there are a good laugh but at 63 yrs of age is it really necessary ?........although I must say it's always the best fumble I ever get as long as I keep my eyes closed............

all together now - "Ahhhhh !"
Ah, they do it to the younger ones as well. :)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
On a related note, what's with the pat-down searches these days? I asked the steward, and he said it was something they were asked to do. But by whom for what reason?
By means of comparison

At Pompey this season, my 8 year old son was patted down (having an hour earlier been refused entry to Wetherspoons for wearing an Exeter shirt under his non-Exeter jacket). I found the stewarding there generally awful. At Orient, we had to go through airport style security before the turnstiles and I have a vague memory of having a hand-held metal detector wand thing waved all over me at Stevenage.

I have generally found the stewards at SJP friendly and fair, but that is on the Bank so can't comment on the Flybe.

Wellyred

Don't stand on the stairways then. The rule's been in place for as long as the stand's existed - how long does it take for it to sink in round here?
Jeez..almost everyone of your posts are either rude or incredibly arrogant..its all very yawn yawn with you now.
I'm sure you do it just to get noticed..