• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rude Jobsworth

Grecian68

Has anyone had issue's with Security Supervisor Steve Hannaford?
As a representative of our club that we fans are supposed to own, his customer service skills leave a lot to be desired.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I did notice today that the stewards in the Big Bank were IMO rather over zealous. One inch of the foot onto the stairway and they came steaming in. More common sense needed please guys.

Antony Moxey

Don't stand on the stairways then. The rule's been in place for as long as the stand's existed - how long does it take for it to sink in round here?

IndoMike

I did notice today that the stewards in the Big Bank were IMO rather over zealous. One inch of the foot onto the stairway and they came steaming in. More common sense needed please guys.
People should indeed follow the rules, while the stewards should realise that the supporters are paying customers who deserve a little bit of respect. If transgressions are minor the stewards should deal with them diplomatically and and politely. Lets remember it's the fans who pay their salary. They certainly don't need to hang out like a bunch of tough guys who treat each fan like a suspected criminal. Having said all that I've never had any trouble with them, but I could only see 3 games this season so can't comment much.

Last edited:

Grecian68

Don't stand on the stairways then. The rule's been in place for as long as the stand's existed - how long does it take for it to sink in round here?
Knew you'd disagree, if we said black is black, you'd say it was white.
I've normally had no problems with them, they all do a great job but this guy was over zealous, sarcastic and no need for it, we are all paying customers, if an employee spoke to you like that whilst shopping in a shop, I'm sure you'd want to speak to the manager.

IndoMike

Black..........?

Antony Moxey

Knew you'd disagree, if we said black is black, you'd say it was white.
I've normally had no problems with them, they all do a great job but this guy was over zealous, sarcastic and no need for it, we are all paying customers, if an employee spoke to you like that whilst shopping in a shop, I'm sure you'd want to speak to the manager.
Maybe, depends on whether I was flouting the shop's policy that had been in place since it was built and that the whole world and his wife knew about before entering the shop or not.

Grecian68

Maybe, depends on whether I was flouting the shop's policy that had been in place since it was built and that the whole world and his wife knew about before entering the shop or not.
We weren't flouting anything, one second, he was part of our conversation, next second, he became power mad, so I took his name, he then proceeded to take my seat number, tell his mate, then watch me for the next fifteen minutes, before he went off to the big bank where I could see him doing the same.
Think it's probably be the same guy Alistair2000 was referring to.

Antony Moxey

He watched you for fifteen minutes? A whole fifteen? That's definitely worth reporting, I know it'd completely ruin my match day experience if I thought someone was watching me - you did the right thing taking his name, let's hope no other innocent supporters are ever watched at football again.

Grecian68

He watched you for fifteen minutes? A whole fifteen? That's definitely worth reporting, I know it'd completely ruin my match day experience if I thought someone was watching me - you did the right thing taking his name, let's hope no other innocent supporters are ever watched at football again.
His feeble attempt at intimidation didn't ruin my experience, too old for that but the first 88 minutes of play did, God knows what he did when people celebrated.
I'll now let you get back to dissing anyone who attempts to post anything on Exeweb.

Last edited: