• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Richardson

Redarrow

Randall looks great, but a bad game or two could knock his confidence and harm his development... Hence, it's good to introduce him slowly. Don't wanna see him thrown in the deep end straight away. Richardson was treated the same... Minutes here and there... The odd start. He doesn't look great, but maybe Randall is exposed against a good team and his confidence is knocked.
How do we know if any player is ready if they don’t get played?

We now know Richardson isn’t so Taylor got another loan signing in to cover the cover player, when all along we have one sat patiently waiting who is good enough and with a run of games could be a potential for yet again making the club a significant amount of money.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is exactly my point right there, Joel Randall is 20 and is home grown so surely we should be promoting him in front of any loan signing 18 year old who is just as ‘Raw/not quite ready yet’ as Randall is, I am certain Randall will go on to play a higher level than us and I will put my house on it he will be ready if chosen, very very good player!!

I just don’t understand why we are helping another’s clubs player get experience when our own isn’t even getting a look in, and if you haven’t guessed yet I also think Randall is a better option.
Randall looks great, but a bad game or two could knock his confidence and harm his development... Hence, it's good to introduce him slowly. Don't wanna see him thrown in the deep end straight away. Richardson was treated the same... Minutes here and there... The odd start. He doesn't look great, but maybe Randall is exposed against a good team and his confidence is knocked.

We now know Richardson isn’t so Taylor got another loan signing in to cover the cover player, when all along we have one sat patiently waiting who is good enough and with a run of games could be a potential for yet again making the club a significant amount of money.
Exactly... We don't know. Taylor probably has a better idea though and seems to think hes ready to be round the fringes getting minutes here and there. That's how Sparkes and Collins started. I'm minded to trust him.

Redarrow

Exactly... We don't know. Taylor probably has a better idea though and seems to think hes ready to be round the fringes getting minutes here and there. That's how Sparkes and Collins started. I'm minded to trust him.
Of course yes and I do trust Taylor is making the right decision even though it may not seem like it, I would understand it more though if it wasn’t a loan signing who is younger and less experienced than randall getting in our starting eleven

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course yes and I do trust Taylor is making the right decision even though it may not seem like it, I would understand it more though if it wasn’t a loan signing who is younger and less experienced than randall getting in our starting eleven
Richardsons younger but with more experience. We've only seen good things of Randall, but not seen him have to defend under pressure. Richardson looks short of the quality we need, but not entirely without qualities. He's very very quick and he looks up for it and competitive.

Legohead

Banned
Richardson isn't a kid. He's an adult and a paid professional in his field. I accept he's had minimal experience of playing in the football league and that will have some effect but we are not an experiment. We are not a testing ground for other clubs youngsters. We are not here to babysit. If he gets picked he does his job like everyone else does and if he doesn't do it then he should not be selected anymore. Whether he's 18 or 38. He either learns quick and adapts or doesn't and goes back to his club with an opportunity missed. As a youngster in the game he will find it hard to get many more opportunities like this one if he continues to unimpress.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Richardson isn't a kid. He's an adult and a paid professional in his field. I accept he's had minimal experience of playing in the football league and that will have some effect but we are not an experiment. We are not a testing ground for other clubs youngsters. We are not here to babysit. If he gets picked he does his job like everyone else does and if he doesn't do it then he should not be selected anymore. Whether he's 18 or 38. He either learns quick and adapts or doesn't and goes back.
Argue about the wisdom of playing him and the reasons, but charity isn't one of them.

IBA

Fail to understand all this negativity about Richardson, he was impressive second half and caused a very well organised Colchester defence problems with his pace on the right hand side.

Smithyno6

The problem with Richardson is his footballing basics. 2/3 times he’s tried to shield the ball out and from his lack of thought, teams pounce on him and end up with pretty clear cut chances which luckily haven’t gone in. It’s just unnatural positioning for him. As soon as Dickenson becomes available, like Taylor said, the team will be balanced. He’s a substitute winger which ideally runs at tired defenders.

TSW1389

no he hasn’t cost us a defeat but is that due to an amazing back line alongside him and a keeper who is playing very well, teams will and have targeted that area of the pitch knowing it’s weak, won’t be long before our great work is undone by mistakes down that side, yes he’s young, yes he’s learning but WHY not nurture our own players
We are nurturing our own player by not playing a young player out of position. Yes I know Richardson is out of position but he does understand the role of a full/wing back.
I'm sure if MT had a player in the squad who could do a better job he would be playing them.
Randall is 20? Played very little league 2 football and been out on loan first half of the season. Richardson has been around the squad all year played a few games and technically from a higher standard academy. He's on loan he's paid for by us. We've pushed the fact we can develope players (our own or loanee i.e Kyle Edwards)
We will see Randall I'm sure this season or in the future

robchave

Which loan signing are you referring to? Dickenson is all ours, as far as I'm aware.