• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Richardson

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes very true and I completely agree that he’s earned the right, I just worry playing this loan signing is the wrong decision in my opinion, we have such a strong team this season and that’s maybe why Richardson stands out even more as a weak link
Sure, but it's 1 game. He's out again as soon as Dickensens back.

Redarrow

Sure, but it's 1 game. He's out again as soon as Dickensens back.
He has made 10 appearances and been woeful in every one, I hope you are right and Dickenson comes straight in

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Richardson is a kid. 18 when we signed him in the summer. For heaven’s sake, give the lad a break.

MT has done the right thing in getting him in as another option, but Dickinson will be first choice once he is back from his father’s funeral and Joel Randall is still somewhat raw/ not quite yet ready.

just saw Atherton and Hussain say how unfortunate it is when a side is doing well and ten out of 11 players are in form that people moan about the one who isn’t. They were talking about Jos Buttler but what they say is right more generally

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He looked good a couple of times off the bench. Got lethal pace the one time a game he can utilise it. Looks a bit out of depth and short on confidence.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont particularly rate him, but I dont think he was that bad yesterday. He was up against a real threat and worked hard to defend the box. He is fine as back up and is unlikely to play a lot more games anyway.

Redarrow

Richardson is a kid. 18 when we signed him in the summer. For heaven’s sake, give the lad a break.

MT has done the right thing in getting him in as another option, but Dickinson will be first choice once he is back from his father’s funeral and Joel Randall is still somewhat raw/ not quite yet ready.

just saw Atherton and Hussain say how unfortunate it is when a side is doing well and ten out of 11 players are in form that people moan about the one who isn’t. They were talking about Jos Buttler but what they say is right more generally
This is exactly my point right there, Joel Randall is 20 and is home grown so surely we should be promoting him in front of any loan signing 18 year old who is just as ‘Raw/not quite ready yet’ as Randall is, I am certain Randall will go on to play a higher level than us and I will put my house on it he will be ready if chosen, very very good player!!

I just don’t understand why we are helping another’s clubs player get experience when our own isn’t even getting a look in, and if you haven’t guessed yet I also think Randall is a better option.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like I said on the match thread, I'm not quite sure how somebody who so totally one footed can expect to make it in the game. His left foot us only ever used for standing on and the slightest hint of him having to use it sends him into a panic that invariably causes him to lose the ball one way or another whilst he tries to adjust himself to get the ball on his right foot. To play him on the right if the need calls is one thing but why Taylor picks him to play on the beyond belief.

TSW1389

This is exactly my point right there, Joel Randall is 20 and is home grown so surely we should be promoting him in front of any loan signing 18 year old who is just as ‘Raw/not quite ready yet’ as Randall is, I am certain Randall will go on to play a higher level than us and I will put my house on it he will be ready if chosen, very very good player!!

I just don’t understand why we are helping another’s clubs player get experience when our own isn’t even getting a look in, and if you haven’t guessed yet I also think Randall is a better option.
Randell is a left winger and as shown by when he comes on we got to a flat back 4 with someone to defend behind him. MT must only want Randell to worry about attacking side of his game and not the defensive part.
Yes I know Williams is a winger as well playing RWB but he's shown his game has grown and he's not learning his trade as much as Randell is in league 2. Yes Richardson hasn't looked great but he's doing a job and correct me if in wrong but think we've not lost a game at LWB so he's not cost us a defeat. Sure once dickensen is available again hell be straight back in

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Randall looks great, but a bad game or two could knock his confidence and harm his development... Hence, it's good to introduce him slowly. Don't wanna see him thrown in the deep end straight away. Richardson was treated the same... Minutes here and there... The odd start. He doesn't look great, but maybe Randall is exposed against a good team and his confidence is knocked.

Redarrow

Randell is a left winger and as shown by when he comes on we got to a flat back 4 with someone to defend behind him. MT must only want Randell to worry about attacking side of his game and not the defensive part.
Yes I know Williams is a winger as well playing RWB but he's shown his game has grown and he's not learning his trade as much as Randell is in league 2. Yes Richardson hasn't looked great but he's doing a job and correct me if in wrong but think we've not lost a game at LWB so he's not cost us a defeat. Sure once dickensen is available again hell be straight back in
no he hasn’t cost us a defeat but is that due to an amazing back line alongside him and a keeper who is playing very well, teams will and have targeted that area of the pitch knowing it’s weak, won’t be long before our great work is undone by mistakes down that side, yes he’s young, yes he’s learning but WHY not nurture our own players