• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List 2021

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm confident Williams will leave. He clearly wants to play elsewhere and they'll be enough opportunity for him to move to L1. Great first season, sh!te second season, no big loss.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's hardly going to say that the new signings will be worse than current players. Imagine the uproar on here...
He could say nothing at all about how good the new signings will be.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope Randell Williams can be persuaded to stay to be honest!
He's had a p1$$ poor season, time to move on with players who want to wear the shirt.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
By publicly pointing out the shortcomings of the released players, he's made it trickier for them to find a new club. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I'm not sure he will be thanked..It's unusual for this to happen, normally players leave, with thanks for their services and nothing else in the way of comment.

Ian Tarr

Jay, Bowman and Randall will score 40+ league goals next season.
Not a great stretch to say that, is it?
They scored 40 between them this season......

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
By publicly pointing out the shortcomings of the released players, he's made it trickier for them to find a new club. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I'm not sure he will be thanked..It's unusual for this to happen, normally players leave, with thanks for their services and nothing else in the way of comment.
Agree. Refreshingly honest but also a bit too open. Not sure he'll be on Tom Parkes' Christmas card list especially.

raleighnc

Perhaps we should get Tom and Nicky together to critique the manager’s performance, might be illuminating!

tonykellowfan

Although a lot of fans don't know this, managers talk to each other on the phone all the time, even those who the fans think hate each other, even title rivals will talk to each other. Anyone interested in our released players can easily call MT and talk to him.

ExmouthMart

Agree. Refreshingly honest but also a bit too open. Not sure he'll be on Tom Parkes' Christmas card list especially.
It was brutal. I don’t care what anyone says.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although a lot of fans don't know this, managers talk to each other on the phone all the time, even those who the fans think hate each other, even title rivals will talk to each other. Anyone interested in our released players can easily call MT and talk to him.
Of course they do, but that's different from coming out in a podcast and questioning someone's commitment/fitness/ability..Another manager is hardly likely to ring Matt and say "did you really mean what you said about so and so" ?