• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List 2021

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's all relative 😉

Seriously though, Matt and the coaches will know the tale of the tape (and scales). If Matt says Sweenz has put the work in, he isn't known for being misleading.

malcolms

If that's the best you can do I rest my case. Little point the club employing fitness coaches and the like when you can make a definitive assessment on the basis of a single photo.
You can rest whatever you like...I said my view was not shared by everyone, so to have it confirmed by you in particular, was hardly surprising. If Matt had been happy with his professional commitment he wouldnt have had to mention it to him in the first place.......

ExmouthMart

In response to your last point, in short, yes, next season is the time when we can judge him. As you rightly say, next season he'll have everything he can reasonably expect.

So to accountability. The manager is accountable to the club board who bears ultimate responsibility for what happens with the club and the club board is accountable to the owners, represented by the Trust Board. The Trust Board is ultimately accountable to its membership. It communicates via its regular newsletters and the publication of the minutes of board meetings and working groups. All members can contact the Trust Board and ask questions and can attend the open section of board meetings. In addition to this presentations are made to the the Trust AGM by the club and Trust chairman reporting on the years business. Also at the AGM members can subbmit resolutions that give instruction to the club board. The manager has just given an interview explaining everthing about him s reasoning about player recruitment, why some have been released and why others were retained. Personally it answered all my questions, but I appreciate there maybe others who would have liked to hear about other things, but I thought it was pretty comprehensive.

Given all this, could I ask what you understand by the term "accountability" and in what way you would like to see improvements to align it with your understanding?
So we don’t get in the mess we did with Tisdale leaving. Couldn’t pay him off, so gave him notice. Does a lot of talking Taylor but nothing to show for it yet and is quick to talk about development. Two years working with Fisher and nothing. Felt really sorry for him. That last interview was really uncomfortable and he looked crestfallen. Hopefully he judges himself like he does others. Poor to say about Parkes and covid as well. What about his mental well-being?! It’s been devastating and some people will take along time to recover.

Grecian Max

It's all relative 😉

View attachment 6068

Seriously though, Matt and the coaches will know the tale of the tape (and scales). If Matt says Sweenz has put the work in, he isn't known for being misleading.
Sweeney looks at least a stone lighter there tbf

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps purple is his colour!

StudentGrecian

So we don’t get in the mess we did with Tisdale leaving. Couldn’t pay him off, so gave him notice. Does a lot of talking Taylor but nothing to show for it yet and is quick to talk about development. Two years working with Fisher and nothing. Felt really sorry for him. That last interview was really uncomfortable and he looked crestfallen. Hopefully he judges himself like he does others. Poor to say about Parkes and covid as well. What about his mental well-being?! It’s been devastating and some people will take along time to recover.
You were claiming earlier you don’t want anymore ‘donkeys’ and now you’re worried about peoples mental well-being.
Taylor hasn’t said anything unprofessional about either Fisher or Parkes, calling people donkeys is more likely to affect their mental well-being!

Alan Gow too ?
Now you're talking!

malcolms

Surely, you're not making that assumption based on the evidence of your own eyes are you Max? :)

older-codger

Sweeney was told by MT two seasons ago that he had to lose weight. The fact that he is now being offered a new contract suggests that he has to MT's satisfaction

Grecianpasty

Jay, Bowman and Randall will score 40+ league goals next season.