• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List 2021

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only 40 minutes to Wycombe.
And staying with the "w's" there are the Wombles in League 1 and potentially Woking in League 2.

Alistair20000

Signed when we were in L1 and only top class episodically.
I probably only remember the good bits !

Pobbop

I probably only remember the good bits !
He was a great talent, but TBH there was a reason he had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus as Tommy Doc often said.

scottus86

I think a marquee signing would be someone like Tom Naylor who is out of contract at Portsmouth. He will turn 30 at the end of July, but has played consistently at league one level over the last couple of seasons. He would definitely make a difference at DM and offers some versatility. Too good for league 2 but also reaching his thirties may mean he doesn't have a lot of offers. Just an example anyway.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And staying with the "w's" there are the Wombles in League 1 and potentially Woking in League 2.
Forgot about AFC; pig of a journey to Plough Lane, but they train in New Malden which isn't so bad.

Woking are near the bottom of the Conference.

Stevenage is actually doable too, now I think about it, might be a good fit?

Memphis09

So you didn’t watch him play but you still say he’s not good enough? 😂
Seen him play and yes definitely not good enough

Red red

Looking forward to seeing cheick diabete next season along with Nelson isoguen or Nelsoniho disappointed in Taylor leaving maybe that’s why he was always subbed. Think poor by Williams. But with the Young keeper on the bench and hopefully the return of the iceman that will be covered. Personally would of kept Will Dean instead of Nigel but against that maybe one youngster to many.

Rosencrantz

No massive surprises and those slight one's for me (Will Dean) explained fairly by Matt in his interview although I think Will can still have a decent pro career as a holding midfielder. The shopping list he sets out is an accurate reflection on what is, and might be, needed.

The only thing I am unsure of is Goalkeeper. Obviously we need two new keeper's for the first team squad along with Jack Arthur as 3rd choice/out on loan. Given that any small chance of Harry Lee signing probably means a commitment of being in the first team squad, it might be one keeper needed but this is an outside possibility. Obviously we want Jokull back but waiting around until pre-season to see if he is available and if we can get him sounds a bit unsettling as to who we can realistically get in before we know Jokull's position. Getting a first choice keeper in when he knows that ideally we want Jokull back might be tricky. The alternative is getting a back up keeper in and then having to scramble a bit late on if Jokull doesn't come back.

Jake has given plenty over his years with us and I hope he gets a decent club nearer home. It will be interesting to see where Williams ends up and whether the opportunities given up at the start of the season come back to haunt him. Sweenz deserves the contract offer for the way he has performed this season. Hopefully Lewis signs but both himself and Sweenz will depend on what other offers they have in comparison to our offers.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its a strange one with Sweeney's passing as he can clearly ping the ball cleanly enough but more often than not it goes to an opposition player. Perhaps its his eyesight and not his passing that the problem!
He didn't miss his car !
Afram Sweenze, Afram City !

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tis and Jake to Orient. Simples
Plus Jayden Stockley ?