• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Refreshments at SJP.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Guessing for next L1 season the pitch fee should be hiked somewhat considering the regular sellout crowds this term ?
No idea Elgy...The Kenniford stall must make a fortune. They do sell good products.
There are often moans about not selling chips in the ground but anyone who fancies them can get them from that stall so the option is there on a visit to SJP.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are literally hundreds of food places a matter of minutes from the ground. Plus two shops just down the road. If you're that desperate for food before the game, go there.

manc grecian

There's two issues isn't there? Running out of food in the ground and getting a pint before the game.

Both caused by a lack of space.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can't remember the last time I ate inside the ground. A pasty in the real ale bar, or something on Sidwell Street is good enough for me.

Space is a huge constraint. Getting to the toilets at half time is a struggle. Using the jungle path is also too crowded and full of smokers.

arthur

There's two issues isn't there? Running out of food in the ground and getting a pint before the game.

Both caused by a lack of space
I've never had to queue for more than two minutes to get a pint at FECRACE. I've given up (reluctantly) buying stuff from Kenniford because of the 15 - 20 minute wait. This difference is nothing to do with space, it's to do with the number of people serving

manc grecian

The queue to get a drink from everywhere apart from FECRACE is too long. The first challenge especially outside is to find the end of the queue then the 15 min wait for a drink. You can only fit so many people in each space to serve. As has been mentioned before you need one of those things that can pour multiple pints and have them ready.

tom_ecfc

The car park is such a big area and a huge potential to both increase revenue at the club but also to make the pre match day experience better (It is very good atm, would just enhance it further).

Like others have mentioned, why do players arrive by car? They could be bussed in from the training ground freeing up the car park area. Obviously some spaces will need to be kept for certain staff, match officials, disabled spaces etc.

When I went to Tranmere a few years back they had a big tent outside their main stand, go in and turn left was a massive bar (FERACE esk) and to the right were different food outlets. Would work in all weathers and take the pressure off the current outside bar and the small inside bars.

We’ve moved on so well with certain things, pitch, training ground, L1 football. But we need other bits to follow alongside this to take us to the next level.

manc grecian

Are all the players families and kids getting on this bus

denzel

Its such a tricky one this, we must be one of the most constrained grounds in the league. I know building the flats behind the Bank was necessary financially, but such a shame it has created this space issue.
Win the euro millions, buy the flats back, demolish it, make it a fan village, build under the Bank, job jobbed.

iscalad

The car park is such a big area and a huge potential to both increase revenue at the club but also to make the pre match day experience better (It is very good atm, would just enhance it further).

Like others have mentioned, why do players arrive by car? They could be bussed in from the training ground freeing up the car park area. Obviously some spaces will need to be kept for certain staff, match officials, disabled spaces etc.

When I went to Tranmere a few years back they had a big tent outside their main stand, go in and turn left was a massive bar (FERACE esk) and to the right were different food outlets. Would work in all weathers and take the pressure off the current outside bar and the small inside bars.

We’ve moved on so well with certain things, pitch, training ground, L1 football. But we need other bits to follow alongside this to take us to the next level.
Didn't we have a marquee in the car park back in our previous excursion in L1? Sheffield Wednesday?