• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Photos & Videos

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
What sets German clubs in particular apart from the likes of British clubs is that they sing and bounce for 90 minutes regardless of who they play. That's the impression i get from them. Fans of clubs in this country only do it mainly for a short period and usually in response to a goal or an attack or whatever and it's sporadic and short lived. The german fans don't rely on the quality of football to decide whether to sing and bounce or not - they do it anyway and for the majority of the matches i've seen anyway.

I've only seen this once in this country and i was at a Chesterfield v Aldershot game one evening in the early 2000's and the 100 or so Shots fans and flags and drum sang throughout. They were 4 nil down at half time. That will always stick in mind because what was being served up on the pitch didn't influence their support and it was just incessant. Absolute quality.
My experience of German football is that it is a dull as ditchwater. The fans at the game have to do something to make it an event worth attending and Dortmund crowds are pretty much the exception. Bundesliga ? Not for me thanks.

i8cornwall

My experience of German football is that it is a dull as ditchwater. The fans at the game have to do something to make it an event worth attending and Dortmund crowds are pretty much the exception. Bundesliga ? Not for me thanks.
Ironically BVB are seen as being over rated by a large number of fan groups in Germany.

Bundesliga 2 (the second division) is brilliant and far more competitive then the Bundesliga.

Legohead

Banned
Did anyone see the Dresden fans at Hertha in the cup game the other day?! Madness! :p

Dannyred

Here he is, never happy Danny!

I'll pass you're message onto the rest of the group though but from my memory pretty much most of the Argyle game was pro city songs.
I am past the argyle game, we won4-0 but who cares about them now until we turn up at gnome park.

I guess you and your mates think the players will feel the support listening to we hate argyle songs.

Let’s get behind the team with pro city songs from now on.

i8cornwall

I am past the argyle game, we won4-0 but who cares about them now until we turn up at gnome park.

I guess you and your mates think the players will feel the support listening to we hate argyle songs.

Let’s get behind the team with pro city songs from now on.
With out turning this thread into yet abother danny red show but im intereated to know when did you get this gift to know what players want? Was it something you had from birth or did you do an even course on it?

All I've heard is the players and club appreciate the noise and what we do on a match day which is good enough for me and my mates as you put it.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
MILES please Indo ! And they don't quaff Litres on their journeys either ! Lol.
Force of habit.

Redarrow

With out turning this thread into yet abother danny red show but im intereated to know when did you get this gift to know what players want? Was it something you had from birth or did you do an even course on it?

All I've heard is the players and club appreciate the noise and what we do on a match day which is good enough for me and my mates as you put it.

I myself have played in front of a large crowd over the years and I can assure you when someone sings your name you hear it loud and clear and gives you a huge adrenaline rush and you find an extra 10% out of knowhere.....when fans sing about the opposition or the ref you can’t hear a thing, it sounds like the old TVs you used to get with the fuzzy black and white Chanel!!

So in answer to your question, what fans sing does make a huge difference!!

Legohead

Banned
I myself have played in front of a large crowd over the years and I can assure you when someone sings your name you hear it loud and clear and gives you a huge adrenaline rush and you find an extra 10% out of knowhere.....when fans sing about the opposition or the ref you can’t hear a thing, it sounds like the old TVs you used to get with the fuzzy black and white Chanel!!

So in answer to your question, what fans sing does make a huge difference!!
It's a shame that extra 10% couldn't have been found regardless if it was there but i take your point and i fully agree. It's all about positive reinforcement. Encouragement and positivity is far more likely to get people to give more and find more motivation than criticism and negativity. No matter what job you do. It's human nature.

Redarrow

It's a shame that extra 10% couldn't have been found regardless if it was there but i take your point and i fully agree. It's all about positive reinforcement. Encouragement and positivity is far more likely to get people to give more and find more motivation than criticism and negativity. No matter what job you do. It's human nature.
You are completely right!! each player has points of their game they are very good at and some parts they need to work on, if that said player gets battered every time he makes a mistake it will have an impact, been there and got t shirt and it does stay with you all week.

Legohead

Banned
But by the same token i do understand a fans point of view if they've been up at the crack of dawn, done a 600 mile round trip to Morecambe, got home at midnight and spent nearly a hundred quid and the players don't show any effort. Therefore it's a delicate balancing act between encouraging players who are simply just having a bad game through no fault of their own and voicing your displeasure at players who are having a bad game because they simply aren't trying their best and working hard enough.

I think with most football fans the old adage still holds true. If a player gives 100% then most fans can accept and forgive a poor performance or a defeat yet for some reason there are a hell of a lot of players who still haven't grasped this simple equation.